Best TV thread (32"-43")

1,378 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by boy09
barnag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In the market for a new tv for the bedroom.
Something in the 32"-43" range.
Will primarily be used for Netflix, HBO GO and PS4 gaming.
(Also would like to use my wireless headphones via bluetooth).

What are your best options if price isn't an issue?

TIA
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
I have no input on TV, but if price is no issue, get a good gaming monitor for your PS4 rather than using your TV.
barnag
quote:
I have no input on TV, but if price is no issue, get a good gaming monitor for your PS4 rather than using your TV.

Never thought of doing that (I'm not a huge gamer, but love some GTA every once in a while).
netflix and HBO GO work well on monitors?
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Can't really speak to watching TV on the monitor, I am sure it would be fine. Probably just smaller than what you are used to.

I started playing PS4 on a gaming monitor a few months ago and the difference it makes is incredible. Still use a TV for TV things (have Roku for netflix and such), so if your PS4 is also your gateway to streaming services, a monitor may not be practical.
barnag
quote:
Can't really speak to watching TV on the monitor, I am sure it would be fine. Probably just smaller than what you are used to.

I started playing PS4 on a gaming monitor a few months ago and the difference it makes is incredible. Still use a TV for TV things (have Roku for netflix and such), so if your PS4 is also your gateway to streaming services, a monitor may not be practical.
My current tv in my bedroom is 32" and I'm looking at a 35" gaming monitor currently.
Most of those are the 21:9 aspect ratio, so I'm not sure how that would feel.

My PS4 would be my gateway to streaming services, which WOULD make it practical correct?
I could always get an Apple TV for $99, but figure the PS4 would be easy.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Holy cow, that is a big gaming monitor. My monitor is 24 and I would not want it much bigger than that, but to each their own.

I have never tried to stream anything from my ps4 to my monitor, so I have no idea if that would be comparable to a TV. Like I said, I use a Roku (Roku 3 is like $85 on Amazon and better than 4) and use the ps4 exclusively for games. I like having something other than ps4 to stream with for a couple of reasons:

A) If my wife wants to watch Netflix, I can still play ps4 if I choose to do so.
B) The ps4 wireless card is complete crap that has no business being in a modern gaming system. It is actually mind boggling that it is such poor quality. That being said, I have found that streaming is much better on the Roku than it is on the ps4....

If you have a budget that would allow for TV and monitor, I would go for it. If not, I would probably just get a TV and consider a monitor in the future (if you play enough ps4 to make it worth it)
getme
Not sure why you would spend the extra $$ on a gaming monitor when a PS4 rarely even makes it to 60 FPS, and is really designed for use with a tv. A 40 inch 4k tv can be had for $550. Or heres a nice Sony for $650

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-43-class-42-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-high-dynamic-range-black/4801700.p?skuId=4801700

Comeby!
AG
I just buy TCL Roku TV's. Great value smart TV. Sound is subpar.
boy09
AG
quote:
I just buy TCL Roku TV's. Great value smart TV. Sound is subpar.

I'm with you, something that size, just for the bedroom, I would go for the cheapest option. Walmart has some 43" LG TVs for $268.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.