Samsung Gear VR headset is ridiculous

3,062 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by WoMD
BustUpAChiffarobe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had a two hour flight and watched X-men the entire way with the headset and some Bose QC25 noise canceling head phones, completely forgot I was on the flight and not in an empty theater. Im sure I looked like a knobjob with the getup on, but I was in the 1 seat first class in aisle 1 so hopefully too many people couldnt see me. I honestly cant believe the visuals and the depth that you get from the headset. At $99 its probably the best money Ive spent.
ABATTBQ11
AG
#humblebrag
tfunk02
AG
Got mine for free with my S7 Edge. Used it twice, and threw it in the junk drawer. I don't like looking through screen doors to watch stuff. Felt like I was watching on my old Atari Lynx.
RebAg13
AG
Love mine. Really want those headphones
chipotle
Screen door
millertyme
AG
Tfunk, how much?
VonDownByTheRiver
Screen door, extremely uncomfortable after 10 min, and can't adjust distance of lenses from eyes...total disappointment for me.
aezmvp
I love mine. Use them all the time. I understand the screen door complaints but that might change with the 8. Its early in the development cycle.
Duncan Idaho
Watching a movie with these on a and is literally to only reason I want a set.

I figure I won't hate the person next to me (as much) if I can't see them
RangerRick9211
AG
I got a cheap head-set for a iPhone 6. The screen door is very real on certain apps. I also can't stop seeing double in Within. But my wife tried the NYC walk in Within and was real enough that she took the headset off crying.

Cmoar, a theater app, is awesome. It feels real, especially with the dynamic lighting. But loading videos in the app is stupid and head drifting is almost a deal breaker.
aezmvp
quote:
I got a cheap head-set for a iPhone 6. The screen door is very real on certain apps. I also can't stop seeing double in Within. But my wife tried the NYC walk in Within and was real enough that she took the headset off crying.

Cmoar, a theater app, is awesome. It feels real, especially with the dynamic lighting. But loading videos in the app is stupid and head drifting is almost a deal breaker.

The iPhone is a bad choice for this because the screen is really not upto par. The next gen screen that is a 4key and will provide dual eye 1080p will be a big upgrade. If they could ever fit an 8k screen on one that'd be nuts.
zurcaled11
AG
Just got a gear vr today. Anyone have any apps or games they recommend?
TV Casualty
AG
tfunk02 said:

Got mine for free with my S7 Edge. Used it twice, and threw it in the junk drawer. I don't like looking through screen doors to watch stuff. Felt like I was watching on my old Atari Lynx.
So someone besides myself actually owned an Atari Lynx. I'm shocked.
WoMD
TV Casualty said:

tfunk02 said:

So someone besides myself actually owned an Atari Lynx. I'm shocked.

The lynx kicked ass. No one better be talking **** about that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.