ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error in Chrome

2,130 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by kinjo
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I keep getting this error when trying to load a website in Chrome. I have tried other browsers and the page will not load in those either. Running Windows 8.1 with a wired connection. I get the same problem on other computers also with wired connections on this network. The page loads fine when connected to the office wifi running off the same modem/router, or on other networks. I'm guessing this is a problem with the firewall settings? How do I go about fixing this?

The only website I have had this problem with is our company website, everything else loads fine. I have tried doing the steps recommended via googling this problem (refreshing IP and dns in cmd prompt, fixing registry problems, clearing temporary files, etc.). Refreshing the IP and DNS via cmd prompt fixed the problem the first time I tried to load the page, but after that, I got the same error.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
What's your plugin situation?
Señor Chang
AG
Got it fixed. There was an anti-virus program called Vipre installed. Getting rid of it fixed the problem and websites are loading much faster now.
kinjo
I am Having ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE problem in my PC.
kinjo
Here's the mail I got recently for my problem
I was not able to get to these sites at the time of my first post but now for the last day I have been able to access them. Also, there were times during the prior 2-3 weeks that I was able to get to "problem" sites but it definitely was infrequently.

The error message, in addition to the ERROR 324 said the "server did not send any data." I'm sorry I didn't "snip" the exact error message. I will when I see it again.

I will now proceed until the "problem" resurfaces. Then I will go through Methods 1-3 and see what I find. I have my fingers crossed but since I was only able to go back to a restore point from one week ago, it was still in the middle of the "problem" time period, so I believe there still is potential for the issue to resurface.
Or otherwise try this: http://www.deskdecode.com/err_empty_response/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.