Excel help

986 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by gougler08
chjoak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Building a workbook. Mostly copy & paste data but some calculations. Yesterday I enter a calculation in cell C2 and click the little box to copy the formula all the way down the page. Everything working great. Today I do the same thing and the results from C2 are displayed on every row despite each cell having a different formula.

Example

Yesterday

C2 = A2+B2 cell displays 3881
C3 = A3+B3 cell displays 2424
C4 = A4+B4 cell displays 1423
C5 = A5+B5 cell displays 1885

Today

C2 = A2+B2 cell displays 3881
C3 = A3+B3 cell displays 3881
C4 = A4+B4 cell displays 3881
C5 = A5+B5 cell displays 3881

Data in columns A & B not changed at all. If I manually type the formula in each cell it calculates correctly.
TexasRebel
AG
Was the file saved without formulas?
chjoak
AG
I have formulas that were added yesterday via the "add in C2 and copy down" method that worked when added and we're subsequently saved. If I "recopy" them today I get the issue described in OP.

No clue what has changed between yesterday and today.
gougler08
AG
Did you hit F9 to have it recalculate the formulas? Sometimes this can get changed if you open up other peoples spreadsheets
chjoak
AG
Not sure I understand why you have to do that but F9 worked.
TexasRebel
AG
The auto-recalculate can be disabled. This comes in handy with random numbers and huge spreadsheets.
chjoak
AG
I get that but I did not knowingly disable it
gougler08
AG
quote:
I get that but I did not knowingly disable it
We have a template that was designed by someone else that will automatically turn off Auto Calculate any time you open it (for all spreadsheets). If you've used someone's elses design in the past 24 hours, that could have triggered it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.