Help me with my TV please

1,320 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jokershady
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently switched internet providers from uverse to xfinity. Every device in my home works fine except for my TV.

Every network test I've done on my tv shows it connecting to my wireless router. I even did a factory reset on my tv. But for some reason, it's not allowing any of my TV apps (Netflix, YouTube, etc) to actually pull up on my tv. Every time I try it tells me there's a network connection issue even though when I check it shows there's a strong connection with my wireless router.

Any thoughts on this one?
superunknown
AG
Xfinity blocking ports?
jokershady
AG
I found this apparent solution online but I don't fully understand it. 2nd from the top

https://community.sony.com/t5/Internet-TV/i-can-t-get-my-tv-to-acquire-internet-content/td-p/187171/page/4
jokershady
AG
Even found where to login to my gateway at 10.0.0.1 and login I just don't know what to do to fix it.......
QBCade
AG
Can u try plugging the tv directly into the router to see if it works? Did u get a new router when you switched providers? Can you try another router?
jokershady
AG
quote:
Can u try plugging the tv directly into the router to see if it works? Did u get a new router when you switched providers? Can you try another router?

1. I'll be trying that Wednesday when I have xfinity come out. They did a sloppy job of hooking the router up where it could easily fall and break. Right now it's too far away to make an Ethernet cord reach.

2. Yup. New router. Course when I was with uverse after one move, switching plans, and getting an updated box, I've had these things switched out before and never had an issue.

3. All my other devices work just fine. So I don't know if there's a setting I can configure with how this router and TV talk to one another to make it work. When I was checking it out last night I can see how I can change all sorts of settings with the router and each device that's connected to it. I just don't know where to start or what to look for.
GarlandAg2012
AG
What model of TV and what model of router?
jokershady
AG
quote:
What model of TV and what model of router?
Model is a sony Bravia

Router is a TG1682G from vendor Arris Group Inc.
92Ag95
AG
go into router settings and set TV as DMZ.
TX scallywAG
AG
quote:
Even found where to login to my gateway at 10.0.0.1 and login I just don't know what to do to fix it.......

Go into your settings on the TV & statically assign an internal IP address to it versus DCHP. Assuming you don't have 9 devices connected, try: 10.0.0.9

English: this gives your device, TV in this case, a permanent "home" on the network versus trusting the router to assign a "home" to your TV.

Residential carrier router's DHCP don't always fair well with all devices. I had to statically assign my phone for some time due to conflicts.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
jokershady
AG
Thank you! I will be trying this later this afternoon and see how it fairs!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.