Best high speed wireless router with easy to use controls

861 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FatZilla
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to replace my Netgear Nighthawk with something that has mosr user friendly and robust user/parental controls. Price range up to $300
Bregxit
AG
Have you tried the Parental Controls feature on the Netgear?
Absolute
AG
Messed with it some. Have not found it very helpful. Set up the account on the webpage it rediercts you to, but the controls did not seem to do much.

I am fine with having the kids on guest networks. Would like something that lets me have some decent controls to limit the guest networks or better onboard parental controls.

As far as I can tell, the nighthawk lets you have the 2.4 and 5 guest networks. But they are o simply on or off. I could not find any other controls for them.

aggieforester05
AG
I think the ASUS user interface is one of the easiest I've used.
90 bull
AG
has anyone tried the OnHub from google? I read positive things about ease of use, etc
pnut02
AG
If you haven't already, download the Netgear Genie app on your phone/tablet and give it (and parental controls) a go.
tamusc
AG
quote:
has anyone tried the OnHub from google? I read positive things about ease of use, etc

The TP Link one wasn't great from a wifi performance standpoint. Not sure and about the ASUS OnHub model though.
FatZilla
AG
Gonna make this simple and very cheap compared to your budget.

Step 1: Find a good router compatible with DD-WRT with features you like (i.e. Dual Band, Gigabit etc) Can also check here.
Step 2: Install DD-WRT
Step 3: Enable Parental Controls
Step 4: Profit
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.