New Laptop Suggestions

544 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bulldog73
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My old laptop gave out, and I'm in the market for a new one. I start an online grad school program this week, which is largely what this computer will be used for, in addition to TexAgs & Hudl usage (I'm a teacher and coach).

I would really like to stay under $500 for it. I'm leery of refurbs as I'm not aware enough to know reputable refurbishers (I've seen on slick deals frequent cautions against NewEgg refurbs for example). Any recommendations? If not for specific computers, at least brands to looks at or exclude?

I have seen this computer that looks decent enough for my needs: https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA49U4ST9147
dubi
AG
Did you read the reviews?
Bulldog73
AG
Yes, but at my low price point, I'm not real sure if I can expect much better.
dubi
AG
We have purchased multiple Dell refurb laptops. Warranty is same as new. If you get a "work" model, it will have a 3 year warranty.

I recently purchased my mom a Dell Latutude refurb with a 50% off coupon, so she got a $1200 laptop for $600 with 8gb ram and 256 SSD. 3 year next business day warranty.
Bulldog73
AG
That's a great deal. Using Honey extension the best I could get for a similar build was about $800 which is just too far out of the range. I'll keep checking around though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.