****** Official WoW: Legion Thread ******

19,288 Views | 257 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PatriotAg02
good nuggets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't believe this isn't a 20 page thread yet!

Having fun with the pre-patch and counting the seconds until full release.
still struggling on which class to main though...
aezmvp
Still wishing they'd have Legacy Servers.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I just need 160 Fell shards to upgrade both Glaives to 725 and I'll be done with my DH. I think he'll be my main for awhile. Even though he's super squishy. I've really been enjoying it so far. I ended up boosting a new hunter which I've never played. Gonna sit my ret pally and my Warlock for this expansion.

Also I'm surprised no thread was ever started.
hot dog
AG
I'd like to play again. Any Aggie guilds out there?
Jinx
7.1 Return to Karazhan. I loved Kara! I'm glad they're utilizing old content but I'm also glad that's not all they're bringing to the table.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Totally nerfed/changed my enhancement shaman...rotations are weird, new stuff to monitor...time for a new class I think. Any suggestions?
good nuggets
AG
I think I'll main a fire mage, but the new feral druid is really enticing, and the dk is suppose to be really strong too..

I think guilds will be even more necessary with the rebirth of professions
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
DK tanks are at the top of list right now.
good nuggets
AG
Blood dk was my WoD main.. hard to turn my back on it with the new tanking changes.

I want to be a more serious PvE player so I'm gonna try and find a nice guild and rdps in it for a while and maybe switch back to tank down the road.
KyleA11
AG
If anyone is looking to level characters now is the time. The invasions give crazy exp
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I have an old DK I was gonna try that on. You can't just go join without running the quests.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Anyone willing to help me with a heroic moose mount raid? My guild is not really active anymore
Good Poster
AG
Playing my Fire Mage right now ready for legion
good nuggets
AG
Horde - Darkspear

fyi...
Marsh
AG
After vanilla WoW, I've picked up the game for about 50% of the expansions but I never last more than a month; however, I subscribed early to Legion and I'm actually really enjoying the game right now and the invasions make it super easy to get to try out classes as I level them up. Everything I've heard about the actual expansion is great (particularly the leveling up experience isn't a grind and the quests are fun and entertaining). Blizzard has a lot to make up for after the past few expansions (WoD most of all) if they'd like me to ever come back for an expansion again. Really hoping everything turns out great.

A few A&M guys (4-5) are trying to level up together and eventually do PVE. None of us are great, but are excited to learn/die together. If anyone is interested in joining, just let me know. We use discord and are all on a few nights a week and I can send you that information w/ a battle tag.
KyleA11
AG
I'd be interested. I play with an Aggie friend as well so I know he'd be down too
good nuggets
AG
quote:
After vanilla WoW, I've picked up the game for about 50% of the expansions but I never last more than a month; however, I subscribed early to Legion and I'm actually really enjoying the game right now and the invasions make it super easy to get to try out classes as I level them up. Everything I've heard about the actual expansion is great (particularly the leveling up experience isn't a grind and the quests are fun and entertaining). Blizzard has a lot to make up for after the past few expansions (WoD most of all) if they'd like me to ever come back for an expansion again. Really hoping everything turns out great.

A few A&M guys (4-5) are trying to level up together and eventually do PVE. None of us are great, but are excited to learn/die together. If anyone is interested in joining, just let me know. We use discord and are all on a few nights a week and I can send you that information w/ a battle tag.
Send it over me and my buddy would be glad to join. Two more Aggies added to the mix, maybe we can get enough for a 10 man raid group.
diehard03
quote:
I just need 160 Fell shards to upgrade both Glaives to 725 and I'll be done with my DH. I think he'll be my main for awhile. Even though he's super squishy. I've really been enjoying it so far.

Those glaives will be obsolete by Tuesday night...

I am already sad for whats happening to rogues. This artifact thing is going to suck for them because I suspect that assassin/sub will swap spots several times throughout the xpac, and having to keep 3 weapons leveled is going to suck.

I will continue to main mine...because...this is what I do.

quote:
I ended up boosting a new hunter which I've never played. Gonna sit my ret pally and my Warlock for this expansion.
MM hunters are the tits right now. It will be my rdps raiding class into Legion if our team needs more.

hot dog
AG
diehard03
quote:
Still wishing they'd have Legacy Servers.

I get why they don't. I wouldn't. It will never be as awesome as everyone thinks it will be. People will play it until they realize why they hated that particular expansion. It will cost resources and mindshare to keep up with (for instance, many classes have had significant changes to their overall play since then). Those people won't be incentivized to purchase the latest expansion.

Reading between the lines @ Blizzard, they've spoken a lot about making the most out of the development resources they have. They basically punted WoD halfway through for Legion and this should tell you that Blizzard is not interested in putting more significant resources into Wow.
Marsh
AG
The one thing I was thinking about is are you able to raid with people across realms that aren't connected? I know you used to not be able to... would be a bummer if that hasn't been changed. I'll be on tonight to add the others who posted today. If we are able to raid with folks across realms that aren't connected, we definitely have enough Aggies for a 10 man raid!
diehard03
Yes, you can. There's something called the "Premade Group Finder" which lets you raid across servers. You cannot, however, join any guilds that are on another server EXCEPT for connected realms to yours. You cannot trade in these premades unless you are on the same connected realm with others, unless its' the new personal loot stuff.

The bigger issue will be alliance vs horde. I, for one, am a dirty alliance player.
rhutton125
AG
1) One more night of Invasions. Try out a spec, level in 20 minutes, try out another, level some more - next thing you know you've passed an entire expansion of leveling.

2) Agreed with the poster above - you don't actually want legacy servers. Having just leveled a guy through Cata-revamped early zones, there's a clear drop in quality when you get back to the BC zones. Not in writing, but fun and execution. Zone progression. Entertainment.

There are so many quality of life improvements since 2006 that going back would be awful. Here are a few examples from my Vanilla memories - horrifically long PvP queue times b/c there's a faction imbalance and no cross-server queueing. Spamming LFG and LFM in a capital and then running all the way to Maraudon. No flying mounts. 1000g epic mounts. Being forced into one spec for most classes. Needing 40 people to raid, several nights a week. Farming for Fire Resist gear. Paying to respec. One-hour hearthstones. Barrens chat. The Barrens. Entire zones not worth doing but having no real alternative. No Shamans for Alliance or Paladins for Horde.

Woof.

3) Got to try nearly all the specs out during Invasions. Really enjoyed all DK, Elemental Shaman, Marksman Hunter and Arcane Mage in particular. Shadow Priest will be my main. Survival Hunter intrigued me but Marksman seems really solid and fun.
joemeister
AG
As someone that hasn't played WoW since Cata, is there any reason to come back? I thought MoP sounded horrible, but apparently people liked it (Jack Black fans I guess). I know the class tree system has changed significantly. Is everything straight line now, or are there still hybrid specs so that you can play your class how you want (examples: at one point mages could play a fire/frost shatter/ignite spec that was really fun, there were also some balance/resto specs you could play as a druid that were great for BGs).

What will the level cap be, and did they ever figure out how to balance gear/pvp so that it's skill based instead of gear based?

What is the primary non-raid end game these days? Dungeon farming, daily farming, or a combination of both? In this new expansion, what is the big draw/change? New race, class, or just content? Sorry for the long list of questions. I haven't considered coming back since they announced MoP, but I'm looking for something to waste time in again since Guild Wars 2 got stale after its expansion.
rhutton125
AG
I skipped Panda and Draenor, and really had no plans on coming back, but here are the details as I've come to understand it:

- pick a specialization, choose talents that are more your choice and style than "go with 5% crit, it's the best." Can respec or redo talents at any area with Rest (inns, etc).

I've been leveling alts through the invasion event and I would try out the other specializations with ease. That said, each spec has its own identity - no more 31/20 Arc/Fire, instead it's "I'm a Balance Druid," "I'm a Holy paladin." Shadow Priest has you permanently in Shadow form, for example.

I haven't played Rogue, but I could never give you any kind of clarity as to what the difference was between any of their specs. Now, it's pretty clear.

- Each spec also has a unique artifact weapon. You can eventually get all 3, but it gives more identity to the classes as well. An Enhancement Shaman wields Doomhammer. Elemental Shaman has something entirely different.

- Supposedly, PvP at 110 will be way more balanced. There are PvP-only talent trees as you gain honor, and stats are normalized across the board. There's a very slight difference based on item level, think I read earlier that the difference between like item level 800 and 825 would be 2.5% stat difference. Hopefully that means a lot more balance, and way less of a gear barrier like they had for WotLK arenas.

- there are World Quests that I know nothing about, but I think that's where some of the best loot comes from. There are also normal(easy), heroic(normal?) and Mythic (the new difficult) dungeons and raids - I don't know much about that system though. I think Wowhead had a guide or something on their front page.

All in all, I'm back for the major class changes and to have 3 whole expansions of new content to go through.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Beta folks have been loving it so far. Expansion opens at 2 AM. I won't be on but I know people who will be.
good nuggets
AG
Sup yall its me, its your boy asmongold. Tonight I'm going to show you how to go full on neck beard while staying up for the official drop of legion...
good nuggets
AG
Vcat#11353
diehard03

quote:
I know the class tree system has changed significantly. Is everything straight line now, or are there still hybrid specs so that you can play your class how you want (examples: at one point mages could play a fire/frost shatter/ignite spec that was really fun, there were also some balance/resto specs you could play as a druid that were great for BGs).

There is now a spec you select and it changes all your spells. No more talent tree like before. You do have talents, but there are 7? diff tiers with 3 choices each. You select 1 per tier. There will be an optimum selection based on what you're doing.

However, there are also new abilities and such attached to the artifact weapons.

Right now, the current culture is Wow is that you play what produces the most results. Not many pick-up raids/dungeons are tolerant of "i like to play this way, even though it sucks dps-wise" mentality.

quote:

What will the level cap be, and did they ever figure out how to balance gear/pvp so that it's skill based instead of gear based?
110. I don't expect blizzard to suddenly figure out how to balance everything. Something will be the best.

quote:
What is the primary non-raid end game these days? Dungeon farming, daily farming, or a combination of both?

Depends on what's interesting for you. Main endgame is raiding/pvp/mythic+ dungeons. We will see if professions got enough of a boost to be an "endgame". Then, there's always mount farming, running alts, etc.

quote:
In this new expansion, what is the big draw/change? New race, class, or just content?
So, for 2 straight expansions, we've had a content drought of 1 year+ at the end of the expac. They are claiming they have fixed this. Biggest change will be the artifact weapons and how everything will revolve around them. New class: Demon Hunter will be interesting...as it doesn't seem to add anything...just taking away roles from other classes.

quote:
Sorry for the long list of questions. I haven't considered coming back since they announced MoP, but I'm looking for something to waste time in again since Guild Wars 2 got stale after its expansion.
Wow will always be a phenomenal waste of time. Many get upset about silly things, but it still the best out there.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Skimmed this thread, but saw that you guys may be forming an Aggie guild. I've been playing WoW off and on since as a Disc/Holy Priest since Vanilla. Currently deciding if I should pick up Legion or wait until Crestfall releases their new Vanilla Private sever. If you guys are interested in/serious about forming an Aggie guild, I would definitely be down to raid a few nights a week.
diehard03
quote:
Currently deciding if I should pick up Legion or wait until Crestfall releases their new Vanilla Private sever.

I did the private server thing for awhile, and I will tell you...retail kicks the crap out of it. The quality of life improvements Wow has introduced since vanilla are amazing. If you sacrifice some gametime to farm gold (or follow some gold bloggers and learn how to leverage the auction house), you can play for free.

The previous expansion had a method of generating tons of gold passively, so I have 6-7 months of gametime saved up...but legion will have something similar I am hearing.
Good Poster
AG
I played about two hours of Legion on my 100 Mage. Saddest part of expansions is how quickly I replace epic gear from mythics that took me forever to get with simple quest rewards.
diehard03
You must mean mythic dungeon. I have a couple hours in too, (102) but I have yet to have above 710 drop for me.
Twice an Aggie
AG
If you get an Aggie guild running let me know. Might be hard across realms, but we could set a time to try to run some 10 man raids.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Long hours...and only 101.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.