Home Internet Recs (Houston/Cypress)

972 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TelcoAg
SWC02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently have Uverse TV and Internet. Plan on cutting the cord in August and looking for recommendations for an internet provider for wifi with enough juice to support 2 Amazon Fire TVs and a family of 6 worth of ipads, etc.

Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Currently have Uverse TV and Internet. Plan on cutting the cord in August and looking for recommendations for an internet provider for wifi with enough juice to support 2 Amazon Fire TVs and a family of 6 worth of ipads, etc.

comcast xfinity is available
you can keep uverse internet
check if ATT gigapower or whatever its called is available if you want faster speeds

Only thing I would verify is that they dont have data caps
adamsbq06
AG
quote:
quote:

comcast xfinity is available
you can keep uverse internet
check if ATT gigapower or whatever its called is available if you want faster speeds

Only thing I would verify is that they dont have data caps
I just switched to Xfinity from UVerse... internet is much improved. I am using DTV for TV I am paying about $50 for internet including Taxes. $4 for home phone via OOMA. and about $100 for DTV Premier Package
cablinaggie
AG
Depends where in Cypress you live. We live in Fairfield and Uverse is capped at 18 Mbps at our house because we don't have fiber in the ground so we have Comcast Blast at ~100 Mbps.

Our old house was built and ATT had laid fiber in the community so it's now eligible for gigapower. We had Uverse maxed at 50 Mbps when we lived there, believe the newer communities have fiber but not quite sure.
adamsbq06
AG
quote:
Depends where in Cypress you live. We live in Fairfield and Uverse is capped at 18 Mbps at our house because we don't have fiber in the ground so we have Comcast Blast at ~100 Mbps.

Our old house was built and ATT had laid fiber in the community so it's now eligible for gigapower. We had Uverse maxed at 50 Mbps when we lived there, believe the newer communities have fiber but not quite sure.
I am in Fairfield as well (inwood park). I was told that since the new sections have GiggaPower the older sections will be the very last sections to get it.
SWC02
AG
I'm in Fairfield off of Mason and Country Fair. Looks like its time to switch to Comcast until the ATT fiber is pulled...
adamsbq06
AG
Huh... we have alot of Aggs in FF we need to get together this fall and watch a couple games at Mo's
TelcoAg
AG
Comcast internet is great until you have to call customer service. I deal with all of the major carriers, and they are by far the worst in the industry.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.