Amazon fire tv stick & Kodi

1,407 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by nguyenning
GigEmAgs14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to possibly buy an amazon fire tv stick and install Kodi.
Is it really possible to stream movies and current movies in theaters with Kodi? Is it hard to installl?
TIA
koadie
AG
Actually, it works great. My wife's uncle uses it and watched Starwars TFA on it.
millertyme
AG
You have to understand and accept that most "in theater" movies, particularly less than a month old, will be cam-quality, meaning someone filmed it with a handheld camera or ipad.
cablinaggie
AG
I got a couple off Craigslist for $75 each. Works great, except the guy above is right, movies currently in theaters are almost always cams. Also some streams have foreign subtitles that you can't get rid of. I wanted to watch an HD stream of "The Nice Guys" but there are Arabic subtitles all over it and their over-censoring smudged out boobs. The stream also had a warning before the movie, stating it had "horror/gore violence", "strong sexual content" and some other over the top *****

I was two minutes into and realized I was letting the terrorists win and shut it off.
nguyenning
AG
Definitely buy a fire stick for cheap and do the Kodi installation yourself. It takes like 5-10 minutes. Tons of youtube tutorials out there like the one below.

Basically, if you've ever streamed movies & tv shows online, it just populates all of those sources in a very clean user interface. Most of which are GREAT quality. Obviously you're not going to get some HD version of a movie that just came out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.