PS Vue

38,952 Views | 300 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dodger02
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
pretty good post on reddit summarizing the options:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/6lx25j/its_getting_easier_to_be_a_college_football_fan/
SlackerAg
AG
Looks like YouTube TV can be the replacement for PS Vue: $35, DVR, & CBS included.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Hitting the home button and x will send you back to the prior channel, I think. I do it by accident frequently. I am not happy about the 10 dollar increase, so I will likely be dropping services in October.
aTm2004
AG
I'm planning on dropping direct tv next month and was going to go with PS Vue, so this is disappointing to hear. When will YouTube hit the Houston market? But if I'm honest with myself, even with the increase, it's still much cheaper than I'm currently paying.
SlackerAg
AG
I read it reached the Houston & Dallas markets last month. They have a one month trial.
jay040
I get Austin channels for my locals, but only get CBS and Fox. I was expecting a price increase once I had all local channels, so if in 3 months I have ABC and NBC, I'll be okay with $40 a month. I was hoping it would only be $35 after locals, but until youtube tv comes out in my area Vue is still cheaper than satellite or cable, and offers more of what I want than Sling or DirectvNow.
BCG Disciple
AG
I just noticed CBS on PS Vue in Houston. How long ago did this happen? Its a pleasant surprise for football season.
BMK54
Just got cbs in the SA market
aTm2004
AG
Happened recently because I ordered a OTA antenna on Tuesday just so I could get CBS in Houston. I may still put it up, but I'm possibly making the switch this weekend.
cr0wbar
AG
The Texans preseason game last night was blacked on on ABC 13 AND NFL Network.

aTm2004
AG
WTF? Well, good thing I have the antenna.
Bregxit
AG
cr0wbar said:

Odd. I watched it on 13 in Houston on PS Vue.
ryanhnc10
AG
I had it on the news before the game and was able to watch the first three quarters. I changed the channel after q3 and then when I flipped it back I got the black out message. Really weird
Bregxit
AG
HotSauceAggie said:

I had it on the news before the game and was able to watch the first three quarters. I changed the channel after q3 and then when I flipped it back I got the black out message. Really weird

That is weird. I flipped around quite a bit. Shut down the app, came back later. Never got blacked out.
ryanhnc10
AG
I also got the intro message notifying me that CBS was available in Houston, but it doesn't show up in my guide. I can see it on PSVue mobile on my phone but can't view it on my PlayStation. I checked to see if I needed to update the system or app and it appears they are updated so not sure what's going on.
Bregxit
AG
HotSauceAggie said:

I also got the intro message notifying me that CBS was available in Houston, but it doesn't show up in my guide. I can see it on PSVue mobile on my phone but can't view it on my PlayStation. I checked to see if I needed to update the system or app and it appears they are updated so not sure what's going on.

I didn't get a notification about CBS on mine. I am also running it on a FireTV. I wonder if there is some difference between devices? Maybe something with locator services?
Bregxit
AG
Something else I recall from last night, on my Sports Alert app it did not list any TV info for the game. Maybe something was just screwy with the whole thing.
TX scallywAG
AG
dlance said:

cr0wbar said:

That should only happen when say ESPN is carrying a game nationally but Root is carrying it locally. No reason it be blacked out on a local channel...you pay for. That is an error.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
AgsWin2011
AG
I dropped DTV and have used Vue for the last month. Unfortunately it's not going to be reliable enough for me during football season. I took advantage of the deal Suddenlink is offering for their SL200HD package for $30 a month. To add the Tivo DVR and two more tv's in the house, my cable bill will be $60 a month which is now only $15 more a month than the Vue package I currently have. The viewing quality isn't that great for streaming live sports. It's like the frame rate really drops when watching football and baseball. When the ball is thrown its like watching a blur. Definitely not going to work for me for football season.

It's unfortunate because for watching non sports it's great.
chjoak
AG
Aggie MHA said:

dlance said:

cr0wbar said:

That should only happen when say ESPN is carrying a game nationally but Root is carrying it locally. No reason it be blacked out on a local channel...you pay for. That is an error.
I had the issue too. Googled it. It is a preseason thing. Preseason NFL games have different streaming rights and the streaming services weren't able to retain streaming rights for some preseason games. Vue claims that they will not have any regular season games blacked out. Got around it by using my Vue credentials on the ABC app on Roku. Everything worked fine.
TX scallywAG
AG
Try it directly from your Web browser. The bitrate is lower on streaming IPTV, but it shouldn't be that bad. If you don't experience it in browser, it is your wifi and/or chromecast/smart TV setup. I thought the same the first time I rented a Google Play movie. Upped my wireless speed & got a better Chromecast setup, fixed my issue. Sure, streaming is a lower bitrate but the setup upgrade fixed any issues noticeable to my eyes.

If anything, use your Vue credentials to login to Watch ESPN. If you're still experiencing this within Watch ESPN app displayed on TV, it's your set up & not Vue.

Can anyone else confirm sports are rough to watch on Vue?
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
dodger02
AG
Sports on PSV w/ my Roku Stick are just as good as with Directv.

I watch every Rangers game and have zero complaints. Watched EPL this morning and am now watching the PGA Champ. Looks perfect.

I'm on Grande high speed. Just tested at my download speed at 37.22 Mbps.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.