Grande internet service

905 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LoudestWHOOP!
dodger02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just received a flyer for Grande Communications internet service in my area. I'm looking at the 50Mbps service - it would be an incredible improvement over my maybe 5Mbps I'm getting, now.

Anyone have any experience with Grande (particularly in Central Texas)?
fta09
AG
I've heard very good things about them out here in Midland/Odessa area, but I am currently using Suddenlink. The Midessa subreddit really likes Grande, though. High speeds at affordable prices.
hph6203
AG
Their TV service was less than stellar when I had them, but they essentially distributed Dish Network over cable lines to the apartment I was living in at the time, unlike normal cable it would go out during bad weather. If you're on 5mbps and they're offering 50mbps for a comparable price I doubt there's anyway you'll be worse off.
dodger02
AG
The technician just left. I went ahead and got the 200Mbps service.

I'm now getting 152Mbps down and 20Mbps up.

That's an improvement from about 5Mbps down and less than 1Mbps up...and about $30 per month cheaper than I was paying.

My life has now changed.
EMY92
AG
I've had both Grande cable and internet in the past. Not unhappy with either, but I would switch back and forth between providers to get better deals.

Now, I have Dish and still use Grande for internet. If it's gone out at any point in the last 2 years, I don't recall.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
We have used Grande for 10 years in Midland at home and about 8 years for Fiber at work in Odessa.
It just seems to work.
Biggest problems were in the massive building times a few years ago in Midland/Odessa where trenchers kept cutting lines.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.