Use XB1 headset on PC as microphone?

1,005 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FatZilla
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
So my son has taken to recording his gameplay and wants to make videos out of the clips. Upload studio was a little clunky so he's been using Windows movie maker which is easier. Problem is the mic on our laptop doesn't pick up his voice well. Which is odd because it works fine for Skype. Right now all we have is the chat headset that came with the console. If we buy a decent gaming headset could it also plug into the pc and be used as a mic? Would it pick up his voice better? Been thinking about getting him one anyway. Or would I be better off just getting a cheap usb mic to use?
FatZilla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gaming headsets would work just fine if it has a headphone + mic split cable or splitter with it for your PC. What is your budget for a headset?

For Sub $100 Options
Low Price: Turtle Beach - Ear Force Recon 30X - You would use this as Mic only on PC.
Mid Price: Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset - You will need a joiner cable if you want to use this on XB1 as well (New controllers only, old ones need another adapter)
Top End: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset

I personally own both the low turtle beach and the top end HyperX. Both work great for their functions. The G230 is highly recommended many places over the net.

The Turtle is for communications only, it has an open ear cup design to allow you to hear your surround sound for gaming while only putting communication chat in the headphone. Since i have a nice 5.1 SS system in my room already, this headset works great while playing (Its basically an upgraded headset that came with the XB1). It only has a single plug for this headset which you would put in the microphone jack on your PC. The HyperX is a full headset for sound + chat. It is very comfortable to wear and is basically the best of the sub 100 headphones on the market today. I tried the HyperX Cloud II (Its newer edition with simulated 7.1 surround) and would not recommend it. The sound didn't really work any better than the stereo from the normal HyperX, in fact it was worse for some things. I would not recommend it for the $30 price bump.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.