flash drive issue

848 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by CapCity12thMan
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I put some files on a flash drive at home last night (PC), and now I'm at work (also PC), and when I put it in the slot, nothing happens. I go to drive management, and it doesn't show up there either. I have another flash drive here, and it works fine.. So it's not the usb port.. The flash drive in question has songs on it, and they worked in my car this morning too, so I think the thumb drive is fine.

I have about 5 drives at work,), could it be a drive letter issue? How would I resolve that if that is the case? Any other ideas?

windows 10 on both machines.

kermas
Sorry for bumping, but I've just faced the same problem. Do you remember how you solved it?
And of course, any other recommendations are welcomed.
damynair
Firstly, try connecting the flash drive to another port or device to determine whether the issue lies with the slot or the flash drive itself. If the problem persists, you may need to consider reformatting your drive. Macgasm offers comprehensive guides on how to correctly reformat your drive and provides other potential solutions to resolve such issues effectively.
CapCity12thMan
AG
your work might have external devices blocked.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.