Where to buy 4k TV

1,766 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SJEAg
EvenPar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where's the best place to buy/order a 4k TV? I see BB and SAMS have a 60" Vizio for under $1k. We are good with 60"-65". Don't really need anything larger.
adamsbq06
AG
Amazon
HalifaxAg
AG
With the universal pricing models these days, there really aren't bargains to be found. My advice is wait for the July 4th TV sales, usually good deals to be found then.
Pman17
AG
Want!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/19/11687510/vizio-4k-hdr-tv-smartcast-google-cast-review
tamusc
AG
quote:
Want!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/19/11687510/vizio-4k-hdr-tv-smartcast-google-cast-review

Yeah, I think we talked about those on another thread, but I'll be getting either a new P-series or M-series Vizio. I'm kind of torn on which one to get though as both are 4K HDR panels with the new Vizio Smartcast control scheme. The big difference is the P has a wider color range, more LED backlight zones and a really nice aluminum case. I can get a 70" M for the price of the 65" P though.

Having seen the P in person server all times it's hard to pass up though.
aezmvp
The P is awesome. Vizio has done a great job catching up with the big boys. Unless you're just dead set on the aluminum, the biggest difference is the backlight zones. The M is a really great deal and if we don't do a projector I'm putting M's in my new house, living room, & master bedroom and either D's or E's in the kids rooms and playroom.
VonDownByTheRiver
Vizio is a great brand!

FOR POOR PEOPLE
blumpkin
AG
There is no 4K programming. Why waste money on the tv
FatZilla
AG
Costco. Free extra year warranty and can return it to store vs having to ship it. Or if better price somewhere else, use an amex or visa that gives you extra year warranty.
tamusc
AG
Pretty decent amount on Netflix, plus a few other streaming options and 4K Blurays.

That's in addition to the fact that these TVs look better than any 1080p TV I've seen while watching 1080 content.

Check out http://4k.com/movies/ as they have a pretty comprehensive list of 4K content options
tfunk02
AG
P Series is only available at BestBuy and Vizio.com

From someone coming from a 60" Pioneer Kuro to the P65, caring about brand name is the dumbest thing ever. The P65 is very well built and looks amazing. I have no brand loyalty... I just want what is best in my price range.
Pman17
AG
I'm getting a 4K TV this summer as well when I move in to a new place. I'll either get a Vizio 4K or whatever is cheaper from the other brands. Looking to get a 60". My parents have a 50" I got them a year and a half ago.
I'm hoping Microsoft will release an Xbox One that supports 4K at E3. I'll definitely be getting that also.
aezmvp
quote:
I'm getting a 4K TV this summer as well when I move in to a new place. I'll either get a Vizio 4K or whatever is cheaper from the other brands. Looking to get a 60". My parents have a 50" I got them a year and a half ago.
I'm hoping Microsoft will release an Xbox One that supports 4K at E3. I'll definitely be getting that also.

I'd be very surprised by MS doing that.
tamusc
AG
There are some pretty strong indicators that MS is planning on doing SOMETHING big at E3. At this point, they pretty much have to, especially with the PS4K (or whatever it will be called) is pretty much a given.
SJEAg
AG
Bought mine at Costco. The superior return policy made it a no-brainer over other options.

Plus they offered a very affordable extended warranty...I usually avoid these, but $89 for 5 years? sure, why not.
bmc13
AG
my friend got a 40-42" 4K on an open box special and I have to say even for the smaller size it looks awesome. been watching some 4K Netflix stuff.
EvenPar
AG
How much data does streaming Netflix 4K use? For those of us that have max data caps with our internet. Would we most likely need an unlimited data plan?
SJEAg
AG
Haven't checked my usage yet, but have heard 15-20 GB/hr or so.
Señor Chang
AG
Sign up for the emails sales specials on www.frys.com. They send daily sales with a unique code to use. If you don't live near frys, they usually have free shipping. They sometimes have some great deals.

You can also setup an alert on slickdeals.net for 4k tvs.
SJEAg
AG
camelcamelcamel was a godsend when I was tracking prices on TVs. I was basically waiting for a pricedrop on a certain model I wanted (samsung js8500). They seemed to always fluctuate up and down between a few different price levels and needed to be pretty quick when it hit the low one. Usually all at the same time at costco, bestbuy, and amazon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.