Phone Carrier (T-Mobile, Verizon, other)

2,704 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Stasco
The Dog Lord
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Opinions on phone carriers? Currently have AT&T which hasn't been bad, but I feel like the coverage isn't as good as it was with Verizon. I hit more dead areas where I can't do anything online and sometimes can't send text messages.

Primarily in San Antonio, but I travel around Texas, to Denver, to Seattle, etc. I figure most carriers should work in the cities, but it'd be nice for it to work during the rural stretches as well.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Verizon works well for me in most places but AT&T is better around Kerrville and about the only option around Leakey.
cochrum
AG
Currently in San Antonio and have Verizon. I like it but if you go out in hill country it sucks, no service. AT&T has much better service in the hill country. I would go back but Verizon is cheaper. Hope this helps
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I have a prepaid flip phone w AT&T I forward my calls to, if my Verizon phone doesn't have service/as a going fishing/don't want anyone but immediate family to reach me phone

Now that AT&T is at $.25/minute it's a bit crazy - but Tru phone is supposed to be the same towers I think for $.09/minute
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor."
jay040
If you're in San Antonio, don't switch to Sprint or TMobile - we've had both and it's horrible. IF you want to cut your bill, look into Cricket. Uses ATT network but cheaper.
The Dog Lord
AG
Thanks everyone. I'm thinking of going for Verizon or Cricket at this point. I feel like my old Verizon service was usually better/stronger than AT&T. I know AT&T usually is better in the hill country or by the frio, but it's still pretty spotty for me and I'm not out there that often anyway. I basically just assume I won't have service when I go out there.

I'll have to do some more pricing in the store, but most of the plans across carriers (Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint, etc.) all seem very similar. I'd probably rather pay slightly more for Verizon (if that indeed is what happens) to get better service. Cricket could be the alternative if it is significantly cheaper though.
SeattleAgJr
#NotSprint
#NotTrump
Stasco
AG
Verizon tends to be better in the city but spottier in the country. As of last summer they still had zero service of any kind at Garner State Park. Kind of crazy considering the volume of people who go there every year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.