It has been a few (many) years. Please excuse my AutoCAD olds question

1,017 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Agmechanic
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have not done any design work in a long, long, time. I picked up a little consulting work on the side of my regular job and may be needing to do a little CAD work. Am I correct in understanding that you no longer buy AutoCAD outright but pay an annual (or monthly) license fee? I checked the Auto Desk website, and that was the impression I got.
chipotle
That's sort of correct. I believe you can still buy the building suites up to a certain time (that may have just passed) but I know the deadline for individual products has passed. I know because our vender has hounded me over and over on the subject.

FYI, the building suites are 6-7k a seat.
chipotle
Just checked my emails, July 29th is the last day for a perpetual license for building suite(revit, autocad, max, etc).
Yellerjacket
If all you're doing is "a little CAD work", then you can probably get by with AutoCAD LT. It's only $360/yr. We have a Revit LT Suite subscription for about $500/yr. We get every new release as soon as it is released and the last 2 releases before that are available in case the latest is a clunker.
Hagen95
AG
You are correct in your OP, Autodesk has gone to the license side of the equation.
Burdizzo
AG
Thanks for all the replies on this.
lb3
AG
Burdizzo
AG
Thanks for the tip. At most I will need to do a handful of shop drawings, maybe a couple of controls diagrams. Nothing overly complicated.
Agmechanic
AG
NanoCad is interesting as well
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.