Roku: what am I doing wrong?

1,385 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by EMY92
G. hirsutum Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got a roku 3 today. Trying to get it set up and I can't find crap for channels. I found Netflix and YouTube, but ESPN, HBO go, history, Amazon video, lifetime, etc. etc. are no where to be found. I have searched on the device, searched on my phone, on the website, and still nothing. The closest I got was finding it on my iPad using the website and it saying they aren't available in my area. I live in south Texas. What gives? This thing is about to go back to the store and will be replaced with a second appletv if I can't figure it out. Please help me out.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Are you searching the channel store? My roku is incredibly easy.
Texags is garbage
Hope I understand right, but did you try to search for 'Watch ESPN' as opposed to just 'ESPN'?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Tried channel store and App Store. Searched inside the channel store and searched across the whole thing. I assume it can't be this difficult but none of the big apps are showing up. I can see mlb.tv ufc, crackle. But not Amazon instant, Pandora, etc etc
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I searched for just ESPN but wouldn't that cover everything with ESPN inthe title. Same with Amazon instant, I searched for Amazon and it showed nothing with Amazon. I searched HBO and neither HBO go or HBO now showed up. I scrolled through all 2000 channels on the movie and tv section and none of them were there, same for the sports section and watch ESPN.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
History and lifetime are just that, same for nbc, and again, nothing.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I think it thinks I'm in Canada...
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Got it. Had to deactivate my account and recreate it using my laptop. Weird. But for some reason I had a Canadian roku account until then
EMY92
AG
But think about the hockey you could have watched!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.