Overwatch Beta

7,605 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by hassan10s
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
My main concern is premades owning random groups. Are they going to have a way to divide out the groups like most games do these days? Otherwise could get boring really fast for people like me who are old and don't have real life friends who game.
Premades get queued against premades. It takes us about 1:30 to queue just with a group of 3 as opposed to 10 seconds or less solo.
Great! I'll post gamer tag and try to play with some of you young peeps when it releases.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
Don't be afraid to change your hero during the game to change tactics.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Don't be afraid to change your hero during the game to change tactics.

I do that at times but with random people it is annoying when you suddenly have no tanks or support in the middle of a match!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
VonDownByTheRiver
Gameplay could be a little faster for my liking, too much running from spawn. Characters definitely feel unique though, which is cool.
FatZilla
AG
If your gonna pre-order this, Amazon Prime gives you an instant 20% off retail for the game. $51.xx shipped for my pre-order on Xbox One with the same bonuses as all other pre-order retailers.
tremble
AG
Pretty fun so far.
chigger
AG
Played some this weekend. Definitely fun. Mostly played D.Va, Pharah, and Zendyatta (?). They seemed to do a really good job on the teamwork aspect. I may get this one. PC for sure though. No more shooters on the XBox for me. ;/
boboguitar
AG
So who is buying it?

I thoroughly enjoyed it but since I got tired of SW:BF I'm a little hesitant to buy a straight pvp game.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
So who is buying it?

I thoroughly enjoyed it but since I got tired of SW:BF I'm a little hesitant to buy a straight pvp game.
I bought it. Love it, totally obssessed. RIght now my preferred heroes:

Attack: Pharrah- squishy but I'm a bad shot so splash damage is nice.
Defense: Bastion- a bit boring-- I plan to work on Junkrat some more I think he is better
Tank: Zaraya- close one here with D'Va I like both. Working on the shield mechanic but I've had some great plays with Zaraya. I think Zaraya's ultimate as the most potential for amazing synergy with other ultimates. I need to work with Winston some he seems pretty solid.
Support: Symmetra by far. Shields are great, Teleporter is great, and she does amazing damage. I've actually had several gold medals for damage with Symmetra. Lucio is ok as well.

Kampfers
AG
quote:
So who is buying it?

I definitely enjoyed it but I think I might wait til the first major sale to pick it up.

While it was fun, the gameplay didn't appeal to me as much as more "realistic" shooter offerings do and the game had the misfortune to launch at a time that I'll either be completely absorbed by Stellaris or the arrival of my Oculus Rift.

I also have some of the same hesitations you do re: SWBF, although I think this game definitely has more maps and perhaps also more replayability.
benMath08
AG
I've known I was buying it since the first beta test weekend, but I absolutely love this type of game. I played the hell out of team fortress 2 for several years and always preferred quake/UT to counterstrike/CoD.
FatZilla
AG
Love playing Mercy. When you have a your group alive, her mobility is top notch. Heal switching is quick as can be and her ultimate, when used right is the most powerful and biggest game changer. Had multiple 4-5 rez ultimate when i went down and team fell a little while after and i got there quick enough. Nothing like seeing your entire team pop back to life and ambush the other team.
Sentinel
AG
Loving this game right now. Definitely gonna pick it up.
rhutton125
AG
Probably gonna grab it on PC. There's a $40 option and that goes a long way to mitigate the risk (so to speak). With Battlefront I could tell after one night that I didn't want to spend $60. With this, I've played night after night. Sounds like I'm in.
3rdGen2015
AG
It's $40 instead of $60? Sweet. I'll probably pick it up for PC at some point too.
Forum Troll
AG
quote:
Love playing Mercy. When you have a your group alive, her mobility is top notch. Heal switching is quick as can be and her ultimate, when used right is the most powerful and biggest game changer. Had multiple 4-5 rez ultimate when i went down and team fell a little while after and i got there quick enough. Nothing like seeing your entire team pop back to life and ambush the other team.
Any team I ran into (mine or the other) that had a Mercy always won if the other team didn't, even if the other team had another healer. With the rez it seems like there is no reason for a 6 person team to run any other healer.
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
Any team I ran into (mine or the other) that had a Mercy always won if the other team didn't, even if the other team had another healer. With the rez it seems like there is no reason for a 6 person team to run any other healer.

That was my experience too. That rez is brutal to oppose, especially when trying to make a strong push onto an objective. Having the whole defense team rez just wrecks any assault. Happened multiple times to me this past weekend.
Forum Troll
AG
quote:
quote:

That was my experience too. That rez is brutal to oppose, especially when trying to make a strong push onto an objective. Having the whole defense team rez just wrecks any assault. Happened multiple times to me this past weekend.
Glad I'm not the anyone. I really enjoyed the beta. Mercy was one of my few complaints along with Mcree's stun grenade.

My favorite heroes so far are Genji, Reaver, Reinhardt, Widowmaker, and Zenyata. I think I played all of them except for Mei, Zaraya, and a couple of the healers.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Glad I'm not the anyone. I really enjoyed the beta. Mercy was one of my few complaints along with Mcree's stun grenade.

My favorite heroes so far are Genji, Reaver, Reinhardt, Widowmaker, and Zenyata. I think I played all of them except for Mei, Zaraya, and a couple of the healers.
Mercy is quite easy to kill by a number of the characters. She is very weak without someone to take the damage. Pretty much every offensive and some of the defensive guys and 1-2 tanks can kill her very easily if they get ahold of her. The rez only works when she is alive.

Worst game i ever played was with some dipsh*t who played Mercy as an offensive character the whole game and would not heal me as the tank while we played a KOTH map. I really wished i could backhand someone through the internet and then throw their system out the window.
benMath08
AG
Same here, played a game with a Mercy who only used her pistol... Was looking for a "report" button.

Best you can do that I know of is to go into social-recent players after the game, right click and "avoid" the player.
Kampfers
AG
I agree about mercy's rez. Can be a game-changer.

I never seemed to be able to get more than 2-3 people at once though, it seemed the deaths were usually staggered so that one would respawn before the 3rd or 4th person died.
Hagen95
AG
A decent pharah player can handle mercy on an opposing team. If our mercy ever pulled out her pistol, we would lambast the player with team comments. Most were good hearted about it but a few would get worked up about it.

I'm looking forward to the full release.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
A decent pharah player can handle mercy on an opposing team. If our mercy ever pulled out her pistol, we would lambast the player with team comments. Most were good hearted about it but a few would get worked up about it.

I killed a few with that pistol when my team didn't defend me.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
quote:

I killed a few with that pistol when my team didn't defend me.

Last resort defense is one thing, but that pistol should not be out 95% of the time.
FatZilla
AG
Changed my pre-order to the $40 PC version on blizz's site. The 5 extra skins and other junk for games i don't play aren't worth the $10+ or the hassle of reselling them.
Gangnam Style
AG
New animated short. Pls give us a full length movie!

https://t.co/9wz6nMycoA
hassan10s
AG
Had a blast on XB1 with this game. Can't wait for full release.

Don't know if anyone else had issues with team chat but I was never in a communicating team. I think running a skilled, coordinated team would be incredible fun.

Had the most success with Pharah, Bastion ( camped at chokepoints or on top of objective ofc), and Reinhardt. All in all seems like it will be a phenomenal game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.