Printer question

781 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by UmustBKidding
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I use TeamViewer to work remotely. I'm having trouble printing remotely without jumping through hoops. I looked on their website to see if the issue might be my printer... I found this:
quote:
This feature is available for all printers that are supporting a PostScript or EMF print driver. Please check the website of your printer manufacturer for more information.

I have an HP LaserJet P1102w. I've tried to determine if this printer supports the above print drivers but haven't been able to do so. Help?

taxpreparer
AG
I have that printer, also. the only thing I could find that might work was to install an HP universal print driver. I did find a site that said that printer would not support postscript.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
JPTC08
AG
Mac's use Postscript printer drivers. Windows does not. So if you have a mac, then you're in luck.
UmustBKidding
Use Google cloud print
combat wombat™
AG
Right now I have to save the doc as a pdf, drag it to my desktop from the remote computer, open it, and print. Based upon what I read on Cloud Print, it sounds like just as much trouble.

I'm just going to have to buy a different printer. TeamViewer helpdesk told me yesterday that HP Printers are not compatible with remote printing. Really? HP holds 40% of the printer market. The next largest vendor, Cannon, only holds 20%. Maybe, just maybe, that's a failure on their part.

Adding a universal print driver MIGHT work, but I need to figure out how to do that and find the time to mess with my machine.
UmustBKidding
Google cloud print is trivial. Install on server pc. Share on client and when you want.to.print select the proper printer from the printer from the dialog. Once shared you can also print documents from your phone and docs to that printer also.
Should take less than 5 minutes to set up. Far less than to order a new printer and install
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.