Burning to DVD's

953 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Teacher_Ag
Teacher_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have been in the process of digitizing a lot of my parents' VHS home movies. Elgato automatically converts them as MP4 videos. What is the simplest way to burn all of these MP4's onto a DVD with a basic menu? What kind of software do I need for that? Thanks Ags.
redd38
AG
Movie Maker is pretty easy to use and came with some versions of Windows.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Already got a ton of mp4's ready, I just don't know how to best put them onto DVD's with a simple menu. Anybody else have useful advice?
TravelAg2004
AG
Windows: https://www.iskysoft.com/dvd-creator-windows.html

Mac: https://www.iskysoft.com/dvd-creator-mac.html

The MP4 isn't the "standard" that is read by DVD players. So you need software that will convert it. This should do that along with let you build simple menus so you can put more than one movie on a disc.
redd38
AG
quote:
Already got a ton of mp4's ready, I just don't know how to best put them onto DVD's with a simple menu. Anybody else have useful advice?

Yeah, like I said, Movie Maker does exactly that.
Teacher_Ag
AG
With Movie Maker would I not have to convert each of my mp4's to WMV one by one before I could do anything else? I was looking to avoid that time consuming process if possible.
redd38
AG
I think there's a way to get Movie Maker to load mp4s (have to install a codec or something like that), but there are several options that will easily batch convert all your files. I like Any Video Converter.
coppag92
AG
No, you should not have to convert from MP4. It will do it for you.

Go to microsoft.com and download moviemaker if you do not have. I think this will be easiest and probably best quality if you are just wanting the basics.
chipotle
Is this like the new 2016 version of "burning to laser disc" thread?
aggieforester05
AG
Forget the DVDs and build a Plex Library.
Wildmen03
AG
The old movie maker was the one that required WMV files. If you get the Movie Maker 2012 version it natively can handle MP4 files.
Teacher_Ag
AG
haha thanks y'all. As soon as I told my parents I'd just give them an external hard drive with all of the digitized videos on it my mom just blinked and said "can we please just have DVD's?" Hadn't even entertained the idea of making DVD's in year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.