PS3 Question

1,300 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FreeLunch
Alpine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking to get a used PS3 to play MLB the Show. There seem to be about 50 different models. Is there one that is better (slim,etc) to get. Looking to spend as little as possible..
AggieBob08
AG
The very first model they released. It's the only backwards compatible model. Not sure on the price tho...
jay040
I think most of those will have received an update that took away that feature.
FreeLunch
AG
What is the going rate for a Fat body PS3 that allows backwards compatibility to the PS2 in good condition?
AccountantAg
AG
quote:
I think most of those will have received an update that took away that feature.

My 60gb PS3 can still play PS2 games and I am fully updated
rangerdanger
AG
quote:
The very first model they released. It's the only backwards compatible model. Not sure on the price tho...

My fat 60GB died recently after about 10 years of service. I recently bought a refurb'ed one from Groupon for $200. Unfortunately, that one only lasted for about several months before dying as well. Groupon said there was a year warranty on it from Sony, and sure enough, after calling Sony they said that they stopped backing these models since last year. Still trying to get my $ back.

If you do decide to go the FAT route, do not spend more than $100 on it and do not expect it to last a long time. Also, do not put any valuable games in it if you think it will die soon as it will "eat" the disc and will take you about an hour to unscrew everything to get it out.
FreeLunch
AG
Well I have a great fat body PS3 sitting in my closet. I only used it to watch Blurays and it's been sitting in a closet for many years. I was trying to figure out it's value and looking for a way to sell it.
bluebolt09
AG
I have a dead fat PS3 sitting in my closet that I need to get rid of. Has the blinking yellow light failure. If you want to mess with trying to fix it I'd give it to you.
spieg12
AG
Go for a slim if you want something that will last a little while. While the early fat ones were backwards compatable, they are approaching 10 years old and will fail soon.
permabull
AG
permabull
AG
FreeLunch
AG
Thank you hypeiv - what is the best market to sell one? Craigslist or ??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.