Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

8,771 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Pman17
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've played almost all of the Call of Duty's. Got ridiculous after MW2. Played a little bit of Zombies in Blops 1 but the whole zombie craze America was going through got old for me fast. I can't stand Zombies! I wanted to like WaW. Borrowed it for a while but never finished it. When it came to multiplayer, it didn't feel right like the MW games. I liked the Blops 2 multiplayer, it was something to play with friends locally and nobody wanted to invest in a One at the time. Bought Ghosts but really only played it for the campaign since it was something to do on the Xbox One's limited library at the time. The multiplayer was kinda fun. Bought Advanced Warfare for Kevin Spacey in the campaign. The multiplayer didn't click for me. Since Blops 2 was fun in multiplayer, I bought Blops 3, I enjoy it. It's a go to multiplayer game. More so than Halo 5. I was a big fan of Halo till they changed it in Halo 5. Blops 3 still plays the same like the old ones and I'm good at it because of that. I really wish they would take a break from all of this future crap and go back to WWII. Yea, it's less features like robot kill streak stuff but it can make the latest future one last a couple of years like Battlefield 4.
HossAg
AG
The core gameplay mechanics of IW games have always been better, they just mess up on things like map design and competitive balancing that treyarch always nails and thus gets better ratings.
Raggy09
AG
Would everyone have the same opinions if it didn't have Call of Duty in it? Or would it just then be on no one's radar? Just curious. Seems people really really want Call of Duty to be WW2 (don't get me wrong, I love CoD 2, WaW, OG MoH) but why if it's a future game with CoD on it, people get pissy?
spieg12
AG
I don't care about the future part. It's the movement system I don't like. I think that's most peoples problem with it too.
BASrecoverypatient
I feel like black ops 3 was a really good game. Actually one of the best I have played. I have played since 4 and that by far was my favorite even though i may be biased cause it was the first one I got into. But the maps on black ops 3 have been great and multiplayer for the most part has been on the ground. Yeah I use the wall riding to reach places quicker but overall you can play the game like one of the originals on the ground and it feels similar. I loved the original black ops though probably because my k/d in that franchise has been closer to 1.5 or 1.6 but I feel like both producers are making the right strides to make the games feel like more of the original style
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
I miss killing Nazis........

We can finally take out that Nazi moon base.

Iron Sky the Video Game?
Raggy09
AG
So do you just want Modern Warfare 4 or World at War 2? I feel like people are really just upset with all those reasons listed because it's call of duty. Nobody complained about titanfall's movement, but if it was Call of Duty: Titanfall, people would have lost their **** just like they are now.

Kinda funny, considering all the complaints people have against other hd remakes of games, but when it comes to CoD, everyone just wants MW again (which they did with MW3...which was meh).
spieg12
AG
It doesn't have to be MW4 or WAW2 but yea basically I do. That is what Call of duty is and that's what made it famous. Boots on the ground, fast gameplay and whatnot. I don't care if it's 1000 years in the future I just want the tried and true movement back. This picture pretty much sums up the way the series is going. The gingerbread skin is from AW and the crazy map is BO3.

Nobody complains about titanfall movement because that's what titanfall is. COD has gotten away from what it is.
jeffk
AG
I'm actually excites about Black Ops being available on backwards compatibility soon.
DayAg!
S
man speig those two on the left bring back fond memories,but I really miss CoD 4 on pc the most. I played that while I was in Iraq. Lot of nostalgia along with that game.W had some really good games cause the billets we were in were all networked. We could play lan from our rooms with someone running a server on their machine. It was awesome.
Raggy09
AG
I don't disagree, but you can't fault a developer (or 3) for trying to innovate. They could have given us 4 more iterations of the same game but opted to experiment instead.

Everyone loves MW and honestly any older game for purely nostalgic purposes, myself included. But, I enjoy games for being what they are. Simply because it says Call of Duty and doesn't play like older games in the series has no bearing on my decision to buy and play it.

Regardless if it sucks or turns out awesome, all the Call of Duty hipsters will still thumb their nose and say, "I played the real call of duty."

Don't let a name sway your opinion. Developers are gonna develop what they think is gonna be fun. Asking them to make a game with all the same mechanics with different characters is like asking a band to just write the same song 13 times for 10 albums over 14 years....it'd be like listening to Nickelback.
https://www.twitch.tv/anthrometal
BenTheGoodAg
AG
The trailer is probably about long as the campaign.
JavierC2005
Anyone play the beta? What do y'all think?
spieg12
AG
I played it the first weekend. It would be an amazing COD but for one thing. The stupid wall running and alternate movement.

When you get into gunfights with another player who doesn't wall run, it feels just like old IW CODs. Gunplay is good, fast TTK, pretty good maps. You start feeling the vibe and think, 'man I can get into this.'

Then some jackhole you never saw kills you wall running 39 feet up in the air with a bolt action sniper. Then it makes you want to punch kittens. It's super frustrating. I feel more people are going to play COD4 multiplayer than IW multiplayer.
Say Chowdah
AG
I just don't understand the need to improve upon everything.

COD MW was a masterpiece. The storyline was amazing, the acting was great, the characters were awesome, the weapons were realistic and the players loved it.

The developers have a limited amount of resources and have to produce a certain amount of titles annually to keep their shareholders and stock value high. But that doesn't mean that they have to constantly reinvent the wheel. The MW series could have kept going. They introduced new characters beyond the originals (Roach, Ghost, Foley, Sandman etc) and yet the story kept going.

I don't play MP but each new one could have increased maps of MP that could keep the same teams engaged and I also don't get why they can't have two teams developing continuing missions for the same story lines.

The best thing about COD series, from the very beginning, was the multiple locations, multiple nationalities etc.

I don't know that space adds to this (or Star Wars walkers or dog control or ____) because it is a different game. So call it a different game and go back to what COD really is - infantry, armor, special operations and urban warfare using realistic weapon systems.

Just my .02

I'm still buying it because of the remastered COD: MW.

But I do wish Infinity Ward would have spent more time building longer campaign settings for MW2 and MW3. Maybe get with the 2K team who did the Bioshock series.
slickag2007
AG
I actually like the Futuristic setting, and the dog fighting mechanic may get me interested enough to purchase it. Normally CoD is too twitchy for me. And I don't always like the perks and what not. But I think I may pick this one up if purely for the remastered MW.
Say Chowdah
AG
My XBone is STILL installing the game (hour #5 @ 17 mbps).

MW is a refreshing return!
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Drift0r blew this one up.
HossAg
AG
I'll be getting this solely for MW remastered, which is sad considering the price, but I'm hurting for a classic cod on next gen.
Say Chowdah
AG
HossAg said:

I'll be getting this solely for MW remastered, which is sad considering the price, but I'm hurting for a classic cod on next gen.
It lags a little at times. Just a warning.
Charlie Conway
I'm struggling so hard with the decision to buy this for remastered. I have no interest in IW but i played so much COD4 and would love nothing more than to go back and play it again on xb1 but $80 is a hefty price to pay for a remake of an old game
rangerdanger
AG
Titanfall 2 kicks this game's ass in every aspect. This is my regret buy of the year.
spieg12
AG
I haven't played any multi-player yet but the campaign was really good. You can pick your own load outs for missions which lets you experience all of the weapons. The dogfighting is really well done as well. You fly yourself until you get a lock on an enemy and then the game flies for you so you can focus on shooting.
True Anomaly
AG
I've thoroughly enjoyed MW remastered multiplayer- forgot how good that is

BTW, for those who've wondered like I did, the remainder of the original MW multiplayer maps will be released next month
TheVarian
AG
Hopefully they get enough of a response to release MW as a standalone
SF2004
AG
Reading that IW is crap BUT that MWR is really good.

Worth the $80 skilla just for that on PS4?

What is the player count on PS4 for MWR?
strohag
AG
Damnit I want MWR but have no use for IW. Think they will release MWR solo?
agfan2013
AG
SF2004 said:

Worth the $80 skilla just for that on PS4?

Hell no, at a minimum wait for Black Friday. Walmart is going to have the version that includes MWR for $57.

They probably will release it as a standalone, but I wouldn't count on it until 2017 sometime. MWR is still driving sales as there is plenty of suckers who will pay $80 for a remastered game.
Pman17
AG
Waiting till the 2017 summer sale when it will be half priced
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.