Battlefield 5 Event

12,068 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm worried about there not being much of a variety when it comes to guns
A buddy & I were talking about how many guns will be bolt- action versus semi and how rare full auto guns might be. Will this lead to more melee and bayonets?
Nope. It will lead to more snipers.
Ugh
Pilmer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm worried about there not being much of a variety when it comes to guns
A buddy & I were talking about how many guns will be bolt- action versus semi and how rare full auto guns might be. Will this lead to more melee and bayonets?
Nope. It will lead to more snipers.
Ugh

No worries, there will probably be the return of the mortar tube and destructible environment
Punked Shank
AG
I think the campaign is going to be the tits
ag_derp
AG
getting on pc, was thinking xbox but nah
jeffk
AG
http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5s-launch-day-performance-a-focus-for-dice/?utm_content=bufferfe933&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamer
wee_ag
AG
Your biplane will have a gunner spot...
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I think the campaign is going to be the tits

Leaked info says only 6 missions... I'm not holding out much hope on that front
jeffk
AG
Can't even remember what the campaign was like for 1942. Were there traditional missions, or did you just play through the maps in sequence?
VonDownByTheRiver
People who buy BF for the campaign
Ark03
AG
quote:
Can't even remember what the campaign was like for 1942. Were there traditional missions, or did you just play through the maps in sequence?
There wasn't one. You could play in single-player mode with bots, but not a campaign or a story to go along with it.
wrinkledink
AG
Can't wait for my GTX 760 to own this game!
jeffk
AG
I guess the Medal of Honor games made tr campaign mode standard?
Phat32
AG
http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/09/battlefield-1-WWI-violence-glorification/?sr_source=Twitter
jeffk
AG
quote:
http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/09/battlefield-1-WWI-violence-glorification/?sr_source=Twitter

Wow. Hyperbole much?
Pilmer
AG
quote:
quote:

Wow. Hyperbole much?
Shamefully, this is the America we live in now.
Ark03
AG
quote:
Well, the first MOH games came out earlier. MOH was 1999, and 1942 didn't come out until 2002. MOH had the campaign/story mode down, and multiplayer was an afterthought to run around and shoot people. 1942 introduced an integrated battlefield, with a heavy emphasis on classes and support roles with a rock/paper/scissors approach to effective combat, and of course vehicles.

I think BF introduced a campaign with BF2, but all the battlefield campaigns have felt like an afterthought to me. I've bought most COD games to play the campaign, without expecting to play the multiplayer much. I've bought the battlefield games to play multiplayer, with no expectation of the campaign.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wow. Hyperbole much?
Shamefully, this is the America we live in now.

I'm surprised he didn't swoon over the woman bedouin in the trailer.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, the first MOH games came out earlier. MOH was 1999, and 1942 didn't come out until 2002. MOH had the campaign/story mode down, and multiplayer was an afterthought to run around and shoot people. 1942 introduced an integrated battlefield, with a heavy emphasis on classes and support roles with a rock/paper/scissors approach to effective combat, and of course vehicles.

I think BF introduced a campaign with BF2, but all the battlefield campaigns have felt like an afterthought to me. I've bought most COD games to play the campaign, without expecting to play the multiplayer much. I've bought the battlefield games to play multiplayer, with no expectation of the campaign.

Yeah, that's kind of what I remembered too. I knew one of the earlier BF games had a quasi-campaign, but I couldn't remember which one it was. Those MOH games were a fantastic and I loved them for the stories they told, but was blown away by the grand scale of 1942.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.