****Official The Division - PC****

5,273 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AGSPORTSFAN07
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since the Xbone and PS4 got their own threads, I am going to go ahead and kick off one for us PC players.

Uplay names:
jabberwalkie09
Dredsen_15
Thnicka_Man
The_After1ife
TxAg2k
Krussian_09
KidDoc99
CretoMyers
NomadVet2012
GMAN1029
hunter2012
AG
I have a copy of the game for sale for $45. It came with a video card that I purchased recently.
Ozmandius
Dredsen_15
jabberwalkie09
AG
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/02/when-does-the-division-unlock/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29

Apparently preload will be available.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Preloading now. And here is Season pass info.

jabberwalkie09
AG
The matchmaker in this game leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Tried to replay through the first story mission and it matched me with level 4 and 5 guys on hard when I'm level 8. That made it pretty much impossible when you got to the roof.... Also didn't help that some of my ransoms weren't shooting at all and I was drawing all the attention.
Knife_Party
This thread is relevant to my interests. When you guys make it to endgame let us know if the game is any good.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
This thread is relevant to my interests. When you guys make it to endgame let us know if the game is any good.
Why not start now so we don't have to wait on your ass?
Knife_Party
Ugh I probably have to buy a new video card first. Using a 750 Ti which is great for all the games I'm running now but no idea if I can run division on high with it and still keep fps above 40.

Also, why are the user scores so low? I watched some people play last night and the game seems plenty entertaining to me.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Ugh I probably have to buy a new video card first. Using a 750 Ti which is great for all the games I'm running now but no idea if I can run division on high with it and still keep fps above 40.

Also, why are the user scores so low? I watched some people play last night and the game seems plenty entertaining to me.
I don't know about that, but at the moment I'm using a 7870 card and I'm not the most tech savvy person so use that as a comparison. I also run two screens, one of which is in 1080.

From what I can tell, the negative user reviews range from people unhappy with having to grind through levels, Uplay and server connections (I'll admit it was pretty damn annoying that I couldn't even play the game consistently because of being disconnected from the server randomly), graphical stuff (not being like the CGI from the trailers from like 3 years go), to repetitive game play. The usual complaints against rpg style of games from what I can tell.
joemeister
AG
Uplay name: Thnicka_Man

I played up to level 8 yesterday evening, mostly with a friend. The hard mode missions are difficult (at least as a beginner), the regular mode can be soloed pretty easily once you figure out the game mechanics. So far, the story is interesting, the game mechanics work well, and the graphics look amazing. My big worry is whether the end game will be any good. I'm really hopeful that the endgame isn't just going to be limited to the dark zone.

A few things I like: legitimate team tactics work really well to complete the hard mode missions. Have one member suppress with an LMG or SMG while the other team members pick off the cowering targets with DMRs. Split off a tough member to be the tank, while the others move into flanking positions, etc. Once my squad figured out this wasn't just a game where you run and gun everything, it became great fun. The crafting system seems simple enough to not be confusing but still useful.

Things I don't like: Enemy NPCs scale up to the highest member of the group. You cannot have a lvl 8 person group with level 4s and expect to complete hard mode missions unless the lvl 8 player can solo it. I don't know why other games can't learn from Guild Wars and scale the players to the content rather than vice versa. This game is not an MMO. The only time you will see other players is when you are in the dark zone or in one of the few common areas.

I'll be playing most evenings this week and probably quite a bit this weekend if anybody wants to group up.
Knife_Party
Ah. Ya the 7870 is a better card than my 750ti. If I'm going to shell out for a new card it might as well be at least a 970 level so I don't need another one for a few years.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
My big worry is whether the end game will be any good. I'm really hopeful that the endgame isn't just going to be limited to the dark zone.
From what I have been reading, right now you have three daily missions to do that earn you Phoenix credits to purchase end game gear with, and it is my understanding that lvl 30 is pretty much a necessity. Now, I haven't actually seen anything (lvl 11 right now) but I think Ubi has already mentioned that there is some stuff in the pipeline coming for end game stuff. Phoenix credits can also be earned by doing the Challenging difficulty as well AFAIK.

Right now, I don't think that there is a big rush to put out end game content beyond the dailies until a month or two from now because the percentage of the player base that will be blowing through the game to level 30 isn't going to be that big IMO. Just to make a point, in the dark zone right now blue weapons require you to be level 10 in the DZ and purple (apparently when your normal level is 16, regardless of your DZ rank all weapons at DZ vendors become purple) require you to be level 30 in the DZ. So it looks like you should probably save your DZ currency until you hit the DZ rank 30.
Ozmandius
Was playing last night and we finished the Napalm mission on hard, the one where you kill the cleaners boss Joe Ferro. Right after we killed him and were running out of the building before it blew up....bugsplat. I think there was server maintenance, but damn. That was really tough on hard and that is the second time I have been part of a group finishing a mission on hard only to have the game glitch or crash preventing me from completing the mission.

bad bull.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yep, was maintenance last night. I can't imagine having that happen to me if I was doing that mission. When the building blew up it was ridiculous. I mean not only were you getting shot at, but you were also roasting alive.
jabberwalkie09
AG
OK, so I decided to venture into the DZ tonight. I didn't see any other players. I did however wander around (NPC's in the DZ are not something to be trifled with like they were in the betas) and pulsed one of the extraction points and it told me there were 23 enemies. Yeah, **** that noise when I'm alone.

I'm curious as to what yalls levels are right now? The DZ groups you by your normal pve levels, so I'd like to try and group up into the DZ so we can actually tackle the enemies. There are A LOT more of them now, and while it isn't impossible to solo it diving into the resupply points often is getting to be annoying.
txag2k
AG
ok so I just installed the other night and played for a few minutes. I got to a mission where i needed like a group to complete. I hopped off there and hadn't had a chance to get back on. So how much can I play solo? Worth continuing on by myself or should I wait till at least one of my friends picks it up?
joemeister
AG
While leveling, you can do every mission solo and even venture into the dark zone solo, though I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to do a mission on hard or challenging mode, you will need a group.
jabberwalkie09
AG
None of the main missions should require you to be in group, at least not until you do challenging difficulty. You can do it solo. If your level is below the minimum it will be pretty difficult, but not impossible. If you want to play in a group you can matchmake for that particular mission.
fire09
AG
In regards to graphics requirements, my sli 770's are pushing max settings at 50+ fps. The detail in the game is unlike anything I've ever played.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Earning phoenix credits for schematics is a pain in the rear...... I think they nerfed the income rate for Phoenix credits perhaps a little too much against named enemies. Especially in the DZ where killing them takes a good deal of time. Might as well just wait until the dailies to get the credits that way, so that I can end up purchasing the schematics for the Liberator.
AggieChemE09
AG
The_After1ife
txag2k
AG
TxAg2k on Uplay.
Madmarttigan
AG
quote:
Earning phoenix credits for schematics is a pain in the rear...... I think they nerfed the income rate for Phoenix credits perhaps a little too much against named enemies. Especially in the DZ where killing them takes a good deal of time. Might as well just wait until the dailies to get the credits that way, so that I can end up purchasing the schematics for the Liberator.
It was I believe 15-20 per boss kill in the DZ AND the drop rate was pretty high too. You could do a loop of 8 bosses in the north and come out with 1-2 high end pieces and a good amount of credits. It is annoying that a select group of crazy gamers got all their gear in the first few days while I'm struggling to get rid of my purples. Doing challenging mode requires a better group than the dark zone, and it is definitely slower.
joemeister
AG
Was able to clear my first challenging mode daily last night. Had a group of 3 for most of it, 4 on the final boss. Sticky bomb with the electric discharge upgrade was very important. Everyone in our group had full level 30 purples and a few orange pieces, but we aren't fully upgraded by any means. Probably took the better part of an hour to complete.
AggieChemE09
AG
I have some buddies that are powerleveling me right now. I guess I still haven't done much yet but I am now lvl 13.
txag2k
AG
quote:
I have some buddies that are powerleveling me right now. I guess I still haven't done much yet but I am now lvl 13.

lol I'm like level 6.
Ozmandius
Should I craft the Liberator or HE Vector? Only have the credits for one.

Was planning on the vector, but just got a purple tactical vector from the DZ, so now I'm leaning towards the Liberator because it would be a big upgrade form my current assault rifle.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
quote:

lol I'm like level 6.
I was 7, then 13 in one mission. lol. All I did to help was throw some flashbangs since that still affects enemies.
joemeister
AG
I chose to make the high-end armor patterns first because they are cheaper and I have tons of fabric. The lvl 30 purple LOAC assault rifle is a pretty amazing gun that you can craft as soon as you hit 30.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
It was I believe 15-20 per boss kill in the DZ AND the drop rate was pretty high too. You could do a loop of 8 bosses in the north and come out with 1-2 high end pieces and a good amount of credits. It is annoying that a select group of crazy gamers got all their gear in the first few days while I'm struggling to get rid of my purples. Doing challenging mode requires a better group than the dark zone, and it is definitely slower.
Right, and I didn't have a problem with them nerfing it. But they didn't just nerf it, they took it out back with and beat it with a baseball bat.

I've got one piece of gear (vest) and two weapons (a mk46 LMG fro ma drop and the Damascus pistol which was crafted). I don't really have an issue with credits, and I'm not DZ level 50 yet either (I think I'm like 26?) so buying the schematics from the DZ vendor isn't an option at the moment but it is from the vendor at the base.
Krussian09
AG
uplay: Krussian_09

Currenlty ~lvl 22
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I chose to make the high-end armor patterns first because they are cheaper and I have tons of fabric. The lvl 30 purple LOAC assault rifle is a pretty amazing gun that you can craft as soon as you hit 30.
I believe that's my primary weapon at the moment. It's probably been my favorite crafted weapon I have used so far in the game.
KidDoc
AG
I wasn't that interested in this game but the RPG with FPS combo is interesting to me. Is there any demo available or just have fork over the cash to see if I like it?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
I wasn't that interested in this game but the RPG with FPS combo is interesting to me. Is there any demo available or just have fork over the cash to see if I like it?

It isn't a FPS. It is a 3rd Person Shooter.

I don't know of any demos, but I would watch people play it on twitch if you want to see what it is like.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.