Uncharted 4

13,660 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by titanmaster_race
Dawale
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brand new story trailer:

Wow
cr0wbar
AG
Wow is right. Naughty Dog is putting the icing & cherry on top for this one. Looks absolutely stunning. This will be GOTY
wangus12
AG
I will be buying a PS4 for this game. Plan & Simple

wangus12
AG
Btw, did anybody pick up the Nathan Drake Collection? How did it look as a Remastered game?
Chase McGuire
Most anticipated game on my list.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
quote:
Btw, did anybody pick up the Nathan Drake Collection? How did it look as a Remastered game?
I did. They look and feel fantastic. It's not just an upscaling, they fined tuned the textures, lighting, and it runs at 60fps at all times without a single hiccup. Outstanding on a technical level. The gameplay however aged rather poorly, there have been a lot of 3rd person shooters that have come out since the original release and Uncharted is still rather basic when it comes to combat. There's also the new Brutal difficulty that's very badly balanced. It's cheaper than it is difficult, and you can die from some scripted sections that you have no control over. I beat Drake's Fortune on Brutal but haven't bothered with Among Thieves and Drake's Deception.

If you played them on PS3, no real reason to get the Nathan Drake Collection unless you want the nostalgia with some silky smooth graphics and frame rate. If not, this is still an absolute must get before Uncharted 4 comes out so you can get familiar with the story and characters. It's still got that amazing charm with the awesome characters, voice acting, and grandiose scope of the overall story.

Chase McGuire
Been working my way through the first three games lately and they are still fun but haven't aged all that well. I think the thing that makes them feel old is the quantum leap that Naughty Dog made between U3 and The Last of Us. That game is just so far ahead of what Uncharted was, and I'm excited to see that leap applied to Uncharted 4.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
quote:
I did. They look and feel fantastic. It's not just an upscaling, they fined tuned the textures, lighting, and it runs at 60fps at all times without a single hiccup. Outstanding on a technical level. The gameplay however aged rather poorly, there have been a lot of 3rd person shooters that have come out since the original release and Uncharted is still rather basic when it comes to combat. There's also the new Brutal difficulty that's very badly balanced. It's cheaper than it is difficult, and you can die from some scripted sections that you have no control over. I beat Drake's Fortune on Brutal but haven't bothered with Among Thieves and Drake's Deception.

If you played them on PS3, no real reason to get the Nathan Drake Collection unless you want the nostalgia with some silky smooth graphics and frame rate. If not, this is still an absolute must get before Uncharted 4 comes out so you can get familiar with the story and characters. It's still got that amazing charm with the awesome characters, voice acting, and grandiose scope of the overall story.

agree with all this and what Chase is echoing.

Look - UC1 came out close to a decade ago. UC2 two years later in 2009. You have to take with a grain of salt what Naughty Dog and these two games did for 3rd person shooters moving forward.

I do also want to point out that the trophies are available to recollect on the Collection games, as well as a camera option that's fun to tinker around with. If you're a huge fan of the series, you've probably bought it already. If you are stepping into UC4 for the first time- ND Collection is a NO BRAINER.

Tabasco
AG
So pumped for this. Need to remember to preorder on Amazon for discount
Fenrir
UC2 and UC3 still hold up imo. UC1 is just not a great game from a gameplay standpoint. In fact I'd say UC3 is better on repeated playthroughs.

Last of Us is definitely on another level though. Played through it 3 times now and enjoy it just as much each time.
cr0wbar
AG
Pushed back to early May
cr0wbar
AG
Meant to post about it before the weekend ended- but I got a solid 4+ hours of the Stress Test Multiplayer in this past weekend. Servers were definitely feeling it Friday/ early Saturday, but they cleared up Saturday night. Anyone else have a chance to play it? It was only Team deathmatch, but it was FUN as hell
Chase McGuire
Didn't play, but from what I read, it sounded like they took some ideas from TLOU multiplayer, which can only be a good thing.
bbattbq01
AG
Oops, news this morning a shipment was compromised and the game has been exposed to the wild. Beware spoilers!
ChiveOn
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Look - UC1 came out close to a decade ago. UC2 two years later in 2009. You have to take with a grain of salt what Naughty Dog and these two games did for 3rd person shooters moving forward.

I do also want to point out that the trophies are available to recollect on the Collection games, as well as a camera option that's fun to tinker around with. If you're a huge fan of the series, you've probably bought it already. If you are stepping into UC4 for the first time- ND Collection is a NO BRAINER.

so if I finally got a PS4 and want to play uncharted--the Collection is the way to go prior to playing UC4?
MaroonStain
AG
I'm also asking...for a friend...about ND Collection before UC4...
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

so if I finally got a PS4 and want to play uncharted--the Collection is the way to go prior to playing UC4?
Yes
titanmaster_race
The collection is awesome. I never had a PS3, so this was my first playthrough of the UC games. Really fun.

Plus you can find it for around $30 now. Keep an eye out for deals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/new/
MaroonStain
AG
$30 at Wal-mart. I'll run thru it this weekend.
Chase McGuire
Reviews drop tonight.

http://opencritic.com/game/1538/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end
wangus12
AG
Man I want this game so bad
Jack Thauer
AG
Wish I had a ps4 just got this game...
Artorias
AG
UC2 is one of the best games of all time. Looking forward to UC4.
MaroonStain
AG
Finally got the Collection today and too tired to start.
Chase McGuire
I guess you could say it's living up to the hype.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end
titanmaster_race
Amazon pre-ordered yesterday. Can't wait!
titanmaster_race
quote:
I guess you could say it's living up to the hype.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end

I have never seen a game get a score of 100 before, let alone scores of 100 scores.
Tabasco
AG
Looks like my backlog is going to remain full
Chase McGuire
It happens a few times a year, but I believe this is the highest score for the current generation of consoles. That's if it holds up, that is. After 62 reviews and 20 perfect scores, you can bet that it's pretty solid.
Jack Thauer
AG
CGMagazine review compares it to GTA3 and Okarina of Time in terms of redefining the industry
evan_aggie
AG
quote:
CGMagazine review compares it to GTA3 and Okarina of Time in terms of redefining the industry

Crrrrrrrrap. Was hoping to skip a PS generation for once. Perhaps I'll wait for the smaller version console.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

Crrrrrrrrap. Was hoping to skip a PS generation for once. Perhaps I'll wait for the smaller version console.
Same here. The reason I bought my PS3 was for the Uncharted games. Now this. Damn I will have no money.
evan_aggie
AG
Prior to Uncharted, I basically bought a PS for Gran Turismo alone.

Now I've got U4, Last of Us, and GT Sport to all justify the purchase. However, that being said, I'm in no rush.

4K PS4?
http://kotaku.com/sources-sony-is-working-on-a-ps4-5-1765723053

Tangential topic, but does anyone remember Jet Moto for the original PS? Oh how I loved that game. Everything seemed to be so much cooler when I was young.

Jet Moto, Bushido Blade, Return Fire, Wipeout.
Tabasco
AG
I bought PS one for jet moto.
evan_aggie
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.