So...anyone ever stream?

900 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by wee_ag
Knife_Party
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering streaming to twitch during down times. It's also time for me to upgrade mobo and CPU. Probably going i7 4790k since I can't justify the greater expense of the 6700k for a minimal performance boost. Considered the i5 4690k since it's such a cost efficient chip, but rather wouldn't take any chances. Anyway, what is everyone's experiences? Anyone have a bad experience?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I have in the past. I have streamed Elite: Dangerous, DCS, Kerbal space program, rfactor, and rfactor 2 to twitch. It's pretty easy to do from what I remember. I used OBS to do it. My PC build isn't that amazing either.

Eta: If you do, try to find a way to interact with people watching so it doesn't get too boring to watch.
redd38
AG
we talking like chaterbate? or what?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Twitch has a chat box that the streamer can pull out in the broadcast tab. Having two screens helps as you can pull that to the window that doesn't have the game open on it.

I didn't really do that too often because the games I played were not that high traffic. But I also had music going in the background most of the time, which means that portion of your saved broadcast won't have sound now.
Knife_Party
Thanks. I have noticed from watching streams that people that sit there and play quietly are boring as ****. I was considering using OBS simply because it has a lot of options that seem greatly customizable as compared to something like streaming through shadow play.
wee_ag
AG
I've streamed a little but always ran into issues with lag. Make sure your connection is up to snuff to stream and play online at the same time if you do multiplayer stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.