No Assassins Creed 2016

2,299 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by iceman08
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ubisoft is taking the year off to improve the game mechanics.
quote:
This year, we also are stepping back and re-examining the Assassin's Creed franchise. As a result, we've decided that there will not be a new Assassin's Creed game in 2016. Since the release of Assassin's Creed Unity, we've learned a lot based on your feedback. We've also updated our development processes and recommitted to making Assassin's Creed a premier open-world franchise. We're taking this year to evolve the game mechanics and to make sure we're delivering on the promise of Assassin's Creed offering unique and memorable gameplay experiences that make history everyone's playground.

We'll have more to share on all of the above soon. In the meantime, we want to say thank you to our millions of fans around the world for your continued support.

http://blog.ubi.com/a-message-from-the-assassins-creed-team/
wangus12
AG
I'm ok with this and I'm a huge fan. Syndicate was a pretty good improvement over the bust that was Unity. Step back and take their time with a game.....in Feudal Japan damnit
agfan2013
AG
wish CoD would do this too
jeffk
AG
Much needed.
SeattleAgJr
Needs more like 2 years.

Let people actually WANT another game. While also working on game mechanics and tryng to make a less buggy game.
hph6203
AG
They'll want a game if they overhaul the traversal,mission types and refine a story. They can fix a lot with a 2 year dev cycle.
spieg12
AG
quote:

They already did by adding a third studio. Each one gets 3 years to develop the next COD now. Advanced Warfare was the first one Sledgehammer made but Treyarch had 3 years to work on Black Ops 3.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
They'll want a game if they overhaul the traversal,mission types and refine a story. They can fix a lot with a 2 year dev cycle.
well the games already have a 3 year dev cycle. They just have rotating teams working on n+year games.
HossAg
AG
quote:

Lolz, they have 3 different studios on 3 year rotations.
chase128
AG
Ubisoft should take a break from releasing any games and get their **** in gear. They've had so many disappointing games lately.
fav13andac1)c
AG
quote:

Hey did you know that CoD now has 3 studios rotating?
MattTheBrave
AG
quote:
quote:

Hey did you know that CoD now has 3 studios rotating?
I've heard the dev cycle is approximately 3 years. Is this correct?
ChiveOn
AG
I would really like to see AC in feudal Japan as well as Egypt.

I also wouldn't mind seeing them actually do missions in more modern day... like 30s on (great depression/WWI-II)
hph6203
AG
Really didn't like the modern day missions in Syndicate. I believe Egypt is the rumored setting for the new game.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
This is a good thing. They've gotten repetitive to me lately.
iceman08
AG
Smart move imo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.