Apple screwing iPhone 6 users...

4,998 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bregxit
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm convinced the iPhone is programmed to self destruct around 2 years.
Every phone I've had has lasted 3 years and other than the battery just not taking a charge (and that on the battery tech) they have all been working just fine. My last one has been permanently plugged into my car as a iPod for the last 1.5 years.

In the end 2-3 years for a phone (iPhone or Android) is a long lifespan. Its basically a laptop computer.
The Fife
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Google has cornered the market on cost conscious personal gear.
Except Google really doesn't make any personal gear. There are tons of lower priced/free/BOGO Android phones on the market. None of them are sold by Google.
... Posted from my Nexus 5.

I hate to do this on a thread where virtually everything I've said was parsed to death but LG actually makes the Nexus 5. Google owns the Nexus brand but hasn't actually made any hardware itself under that name. I'm with you, I thought they were as well until I started researching for this thread.
Yeah I know, I was sort of screwing around. I've had a love/hate relationship with the thing to the point where I plan on avoiding LG. It's the first phone I've owned that was defective (every other row on the screen died), and the screen on the replacement self-destructed after however many months. On the upside it's still fast and responsive after about 2 1/2 years.

On the other side I've managed to keep a 2nd gen iPod Touch healthy and happy after 8 years of daily use. Pretty sure it's on at least the 3rd case now but that's what they're for. Even the battery still works fine, it's probably about the last one out there.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Nope, my ipod from the same era is still kicking it. It doesn't get as much use since I got a new car last year that has Bluetooth so I just stream podcasts from my phone, but other than a couple of dead pixels where I dropped it a few years ago it keeps trucking on.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
I'm convinced the iPhone is programmed to self destruct around 2 years.
I had my 3Gs for about 3 years and only replaced it with a 5 because the vibrate button quit working (I switched from vibrate to off about 25 times per day when I'd go into the office and then onto the dock). I recently upgraded to a 6s because of AT&T ending contracts, so I was able to get a new phone under a contract price. My 5 has become my default iPod and TexAgs surfer at work. Still going strong. All-in-all, the 3Gs and 5 lasted me about 6 years between the 2.
aTm2004
AG
My mom bought me a 20gig iPod Photo in 2004 as a graduation present from A&M. It is still running strong and got daily use in my truck until around December 2015, when I replaced my HU with one that has Bluetooth, so now I stream everything (Spotify, Match). I checked it last weekend and it powered right on after sitting for about 2 months.
Bregxit
AG
Heck my 4th Gen 40GB iPod (2004) still runs strong. My wife used it in her car until I showed her that her iPhone does the same thing last year.
ABATTBQ11
AG
iOS is getting reissued. Bricked phones can be fixed by updating from Mac or PC , but not over air.
Wildmen03
AG
I still have an iPhone 3g that still works. I don't use it for anything but a media device, but it still works just fine.

You want your older device to keep rolling along? Stop upgrading it to the latest OS.

You put Windows 10 on a machine build for XP, it's going to run like dog crap.
rynning
AG
I use my old 4S on an armband when I run. It's small and the RunKeeper app works just fine with the GPS receiver but with no cell connection. Syncs upon connection to Wi-Fi.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
I still have an iPhone 3g that still works. I don't use it for anything but a media device, but it still works just fine.

You want your older device to keep rolling along? Stop upgrading it to the latest OS.

You put Windows 10 on a machine build for XP, it's going to run like dog crap.

Our iPad 2 is running iOS 9 just fine.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.