Squarespace

3,237 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by agcrock2005
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not a tech savvy person and hadn't heard of squarespace until about 30 minutes ago. I'm looking to create a webpage very similar to this, and was told by our web developer that it was created on squarespace and may even be one of the templates that's provided by them. I'm not sure if there's a behind-the-scenes way to find out which template it is, but if so, will someone please tell me which one it is? Thanks.

http://www.beavertonts.com/#dronevideo
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
https://www.squarespace.com/websites/

I think that one is Marquee.
n_touch
It was done with Squarespace. That ID has it listed has 4 different templates though. Marquee, Shift, Adversary, and Alex. They all look pretty identical. If you are going to that route though I would not pay someone to do it since it it pretty simple to do yourself.
nai06
AG
I believe that one is the Alex. My wife uses squarespace for her author website. Its really easy to use and you could do it yourself
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
It was done with Squarespace. That ID has it listed has 4 different templates though. Marquee, Shift, Adversary, and Alex. They all look pretty identical. If you are going to that route though I would not pay someone to do it since it it pretty simple to do yourself.
Thanks. I'm going to give it a try...hope you're right about simplicity!
n_touch
Feel free to PM if you have any questions. I have not used it before, but I would assume it is a simple what you see if what you get" type program.
Really???
Squarespace is really REALLY easy.

You can have a decent looking (if someone generic to squarespace) site up in minutes. Getting under the hood, you can do basically anything.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
Squarespace is really REALLY easy.

You can have a decent looking (if someone generic to squarespace) site up in minutes. Getting under the hood, you can do basically anything.
I thought I had someone that was going to do this for me but they backed out. I've looked at it and just don't have the time to figure it out. Anyone know of someone that would be able to put together a template very similar to this one, and also approximate price? Time frame is within 10 days or so. Thanks.
flyingaggie12
AG
Do you have the content for your website (pictures, text...?) I could do it but it's faster if you have that stuff already. I built mine on Squarespace and I'm building more for other people.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
Do you have the content for your website (pictures, text...?) I could do it but it's faster if you have that stuff already. I built mine on Squarespace and I'm building more for other people.
I will have all the content this week. Meeting with photographer today to review his stuff. What's your turnaround time and cost? Thanks for getting back to me.
LostInLA07
flyingaggie12
AG
It depends on the extent of the project. If you want to check out my website JackoDev.com my contact info is there. I would like to talk/meet to see if I can help you and we can work out the details.
Ulrich
I can't stand the way squarespace sites look and move. I know you can turn off all the "cool" moving parts, but I still find what they consider a selling point to be extremely disagreeable.
n_touch
quote:
I can't stand the way squarespace sites look and move.
Agreed. There are other options that are just as cost effective for what you are looking to do and will allow you to grow your site in the future. You are saving a little money on the design cost up front, but you are still paying more per month in hosting on their servers than you would if you had a stand alone site. If you are looking for other options, feel free to email me at sales(@) ntouchmarketing.com.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
quote:
I can't stand the way squarespace sites look and move.
Agreed. There are other options that are just as cost effective for what you are looking to do and will allow you to grow your site in the future. You are saving a little money on the design cost up front, but you are still paying more per month in hosting on their servers than you would if you had a stand alone site. If you are looking for other options, feel free to email me at sales(@) ntouchmarketing.com.
This is a weird deal, because it's temporary. Our company sells shopping centers and we have our own website up and running, but we wanted to have a temporary website (similar to the one I linked earlier) for the centers that we plan on selling. After the transaction we would delete the website, but when we had another asset to sell, we would create another. Long term goal is to have a website template created with an admin function so that anytime we got a new project I could simply upload files, type in text, and it populates.

The guy that did our website said he could create one (not in squarespace) and would charge $2,500 but is busy and can't even look at it for 4 weeks. The squarespace thing came up because we have a property we are about to market and we were looking for a short term solution until that other site is done.

Sorry so long!
n_touch
Simple solution. Shoot me an email and I will get back with you.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I may want to get in touch with you, if you think it would be appropriate, about finding new locations for our ice cream stores
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
I may want to get in touch with you, if you think it would be appropriate, about finding new locations for our ice cream stores
We sell the centers for property owners rather than leasing, but I can definitely point you in the right direction if you want to send me an e-mail. I think there are some leasing folks on the real estate board too if you want to post on there.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I tried to PM you/find your email but could not.

My work one is
B d k I I @ republic ice cream . Com.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Definitely looked for my car on the website since I have parked in the parking lot multiple times. haha
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
I tried to PM you/find your email but could not.

My work one is
B d k I I @ republic ice cream . Com.
Sent you an e-mail. BTW, very jealous you get to make ice cream for a living. I would be insanely fat if I did that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.