Batallion 1944

3,304 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by I Like Mike
Pilmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool kickstarter campaign being hyped on IGN as well.

Kickstarter Campaign

IGN article
WES2006AG
AG
That looks incredibly awesome. I hope this actually happens and that it ends up being the WW2 game we have all been waiting for.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Threw $ their way for a PC key. Looks great. Loved BF1942.
Ark03
AG
Sounds like a new BF that's trying to get back to its roots. I'd play it - I've been hoping the BF franchise would go back for years.

But, I'm kind of leery of kickstarters after what happened to Ant Simulator this week.
agfan2013
AG
Heavily debating sending some money for a Xbox key when it releases. It's been too long since we've had a WWII FPS, hell is buy a call of duty game again if it went back to WWII (and didn't have jet packs or wall running crap).
Pilmer
AG
I already did, lol. I think it was 30 bucks. I think that's reasonable for a flyer on a game.
jeffk
AG
Interesting.

Any vehicles?
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
Interesting.

Any vehicles?
Didn't see any in the video and I think they mentioned it would be infantry based.
Teacher_Ag
AG
It's too bad that indie studios are the only ones considering releasing worthwhile FPS games that appeal to anyone over 18. Activision and EA know that to make money you need to make 12 year olds want to play your game, and to do that you've got to make them really, outlandishly stupid.
Pilmer
AG
I just got the e-mail that it was fully funded.
agfan2013
AG
yep, I went ahead and funded $31 to get an xbox key. Its my first time to use anything like kickstarter so we will see how it works out. might lose 30 bucks or might get a really great game, either way it wasnt too much of a gamble.
Jackass2004
AG
Day of defeat!
Pilmer
AG
200% funded
agfan2013
AG
Bump. As of this writing they have 366K pledged with 6 more days to go. They have released "stretch goals" to try and incentivize the community to get more donations.

They've already passed a few of them (now getting a DDay multiplayer map which is awesome) but if they can hit these levels they will add:
400K - Russian faction & weapons
500K - offline/singleplayer mode against AI bots
600K - Pacific theater maps & factions
1.2 Mil - Full singleplayer campaign

I doubt they hit 1.2 million but everything else is possible. For those of you still on the fence it's only a $30 gamble to possibly get an awesome game at a discount, especially if you like FPSs and super especially if you think it's been too long since we've had a WWII game.
Pilmer
AG
Final Sprint
Red Five
AG
Wow, just now seeing this. 20 bucks for a steam key? Sold. I watched 30 seconds of the initial trailer before seeing all I needed to see. Day of Defeat is my all-time favorite shooter, this brought back some nostalgia.
3rdGen2015
AG
Just FYI, those stretch goals aren't listed in USD, it's in pounds. They're about $42k away from the D-Day map.
MW03
AG
I've never ever done anything on kickstarter, but this has me tempted to go in for the PS4 version.
MW03
AG
Eff it. In for 1. Worst case scenario: I forget and then randomly get a new game in a year to play.
Pilmer
AG
Last 24 hours

Here's link for last 24 hours of funding window.
3rdGen2015
AG
I wound up backing this, I'm excited to see what they do with that D-Day map
I Like Mike
AG
In.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.