Bluetooth earbuds

7,776 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by zurcaled11
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a set of bluetooth earbuds for working out. I'll also be using them at work. Sound quality and battery life are the most important things to me. Anyone have any recommendations? There are a lot of brands out there that I don't know anything about. I'm not the biggest fan of the big plastic sets that hang around your neck. Think I'd rather have one with wires only.

Under $75 is where I'm hoping to be but will spend more for a really good set.
agdoc2001
AG
Over your budget, but check these out.

http://www.cnet.com/news/earin-kanoa-wireless-bluetooth-earbuds/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm really excited for the next generation of earbuds that are coming out that are truly wireless. However, there are multiple companies coming out with them and I would wait to see who separates themselves from the pack. I've been looking at the bragi dash and phazon earbuds as well.
Brock Sampson
AG
I have these Bluetooth headphones. Very small over the ear with a plastic piece around the back. I use these everyday for an hour to workout with and charge them about once a month. Also pretty cheap which is a plus.

http://www.amazon.com/66-Audio-BTS-Bluetooth-Headphone/dp/B00E0GRRR4
Pman17
AG
Any good cheap bluetooth earbuds for running?
I have some Chinese ones I ordered straight from China for $16. They work but fall out of my ears when running. I'm gonna see if there are ones that wrap around the ear.

But I'd have to say, ordering some stuff from China is not bad. Tells you how overpriced stuff over here is.
Madmarttigan
AG
I got a pair that stay in fine, but they hurt my ears for extended use so I'm not a big fan of them.
Spoony Love
AG
I use these for working out in the morning 4-5 times a week about an hour at a time. I run, bike, and do impact exercises and don't have a problem with them staying in. I have no experience with the battery life being on more than an hour or so but I have had these since August 15 and charged them twice. I have seen that some people don't get a good battery from the start but I am guessing that variable exists in most earbuds at that price range. Anyway, check e'm out for the cheap price.

QY7 earbuds
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I'm really intrigued by the Kanoa earbuds but just aren't sure I want to drop 150 bucks on them when they aren't even available yet. If I read that stuff right you'd have to wait until April and it seems like there have been a bunch of delays.

If anyone has some I'd love to hear their review
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
I purchased a pair of LG Tone Infinim bluetooth headphones a few weeks ago from Best Buy. Returned them the very next day. The sound was very "tinny", even with the bass mode enabled (and I don't like a lot of bass). The bass was nonexistent.

I exchanged them for these Sol Republic Shadow Wireless Headphones a little more than you are wanting to pay, but the sound is so much better than the LG's. Battery life is listed at 8 hours and I found that to be pretty accurate.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I'm also looking at bluetooth on-ear headphones too if anyone has a favorite in that variety
L8HIT
AG
Jaybirds. I have had a pair for 2 years and they are money but expensive. The X2s are the latest version, I have the originals. I'll never go back to wired buds for working out.
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
I'm also looking at bluetooth on-ear headphones too if anyone has a favorite in that variety

Sennheiser Urbanite
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
How do ear buds work? I swear I can't get them to work. They either fall out or I cram them in and they hurt. Hate them!

I guess I'll stick with the iPod style that rest in the ears that never fall out while running / working out... Or at home the larger over the ear types that I can also use late night for tv or Xbox.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Jaybirds. I have had a pair for 2 years and they are money but expensive. The X2s are the latest version, I have the originals. I'll never go back to wired buds for working out.
I bought a pair of Jaybirds when they popped up on slickdeals a while back... Work well.
jnathan10
AG
quote:
Jaybirds.
EOT.
Chappy
AG
+1 on the Jaybirds. I've had them for a few years and love them.

jr15.... the Jaybirds have a flexible "flap" that fits inside your ear to hold the earbuds in place. They stay snug to your ear without being uncomfortable. (they come with 3 sizes of earbuds and 3 sizes of the "flaps" to best fit your ear.
Willis
AG
I got the jaybirds on recommendation from texags, but found I couldn't get them to fit my ear properly. Ended up sending them back and actually got the Beats Powerbeats 2. With the over the ear hook they fit great and I haven't had any complaints so far.
Pman17
AG
Just got these in today and ran with them. Works great! Never fell out of my ears on a windy beach. I had their S3 model but didn't work well with running. They're just some $20 Chinese bluetooth earbuds. The quality may not be as good as Beats in sound but they do their job when it comes to running.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R47GFHY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
tzube114
AG
$29.99. Check these out. Not too expensive, pretty decent bass and never fell out of my ear when running. They have the over the ear clip like the beats and are pretty comfortable. Best part is that they are waterproof. I literally watched a video where they were playing under water. Also, check out Flossy Carter on Youtube. He has several video reviews on tons of bluetooth earbuds and is pretty entertaining too.

Jabees Bsport
taxpreparer
AG
I have a Walkman similar to those, but without the clip. I use them while swimming laps, but sometimes have trouble with them staying in my ears. I think the clip would fix that.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Sandman23
AG
quote:
I use these for working out in the morning 4-5 times a week about an hour at a time. I run, bike, and do impact exercises and don't have a problem with them staying in. I have no experience with the battery life being on more than an hour or so but I have had these since August 15 and charged them twice. I have seen that some people don't get a good battery from the start but I am guessing that variable exists in most earbuds at that price range. Anyway, check e'm out for the cheap price.

QY7 earbuds
I second this reccomendation.

They aren't perfect, but they are perfect for what I use them for. I run with them, do P90X type workouts with them, and do random house stuff like lawn mowing, etc. with them and have never had an issue.

For ~$20, you can't do much better.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've been rocking these for the last couple of months and I've got no complaints

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014CS97DQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Sound quality is fine, battery life is fine, stay in my ears fine.

They certainly scratch the itch I was looking for.
ashleyschaeffer
Do any of these allow for ambient noise? I don't like not being able to hear what's going on around me when out and about.
Buck Laughlin
AG
These don't seal in the ear canal, so you can hear what's going on around you:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Fit-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00KJLMBQQ

The sound quality isn't great because they don't create a seal, so it doesn't fit the request of the OP. I don't really care as much about sound quality when I'm working out as I do comfort and not having them falling out. Another underlooked feature, I think, is that the band is suspended off the neck. With a normal cable that draped across my neck, it would stick to my skin and sometimes yank out the earbud when I turned my head. I've used these with runs, squats, situps, etc and never had them move or had the band get in the way.
MaroonStain
AG
Soundpeats, $19.99 via Amazon Prime FTW YW etc
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I'm really intrigued by the Kanoa earbuds but just aren't sure I want to drop 150 bucks on them when they aren't even available yet. If I read that stuff right you'd have to wait until April and it seems like there have been a bunch of delays.

If anyone has some I'd love to hear their review
I really want these but the delays are off-putting.
kb2001
AG
I've been happy with these

https://smile.amazon.com/Maze-Exclusive-BSH4000-BLK-Bluetooth-Microphone/dp/B00PX06PTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472413985&sr=8-1&keywords=Maze+Exclusive+BSH4000+Wireless+Bluetooth+Headset

I use them primarily for work calls and a little music. I'm not much of an audiophile so I can't vouch for sound quality. The battery life is good, they connect easily to multiple devices, and they're comfortable. I've had them about 6 months
aezmvp
I have a pait of Shaark knock off Beats wireless (search and youll see what i mean). I love em. They we under $40 when i got them, they stay in tight, the over the ear piece is soft and unobtrusive. Work for the office and running or coaching football. Sweat resistent (trust me on this one). They have good sound quality. The only issue is occasional stutering when they first start up if the bluetooth runs a little behind. I just pause them and then start it up again and no problem. From zero a full charge is about an hour and ive run them off and on for 9 plus hours before on a single charge. For under $40 it be hard for me to beat that. Had them for 5 months and no ither issues at all.

Edit for link: https://www.amazon.com/SHARKK-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Waterproof/dp/B01D90ROX8
MaroonStain
AG
Soundpeats BT earbuds
Ausdom M04 BT old school headphones
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Fit-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00KJLMBQQ

The sound quality isn't great because they don't create a seal, so it doesn't fit the request of the OP. I don't really care as much about sound quality when I'm working out as I do comfort and not having them falling out. Another underlooked feature, I think, is that the band is suspended off the neck. With a normal cable that draped across my neck, it would stick to my skin and sometimes yank out the earbud when I turned my head. I've used these with runs, squats, situps, etc and never had them move or had the band get in the way.

These are by far the best exercise headphones i've ever had.
m-walker
AG
quote:
Over your budget, but check these out.

http://www.cnet.com/news/earin-kanoa-wireless-bluetooth-earbuds/

I wish I didn't see this, bye monies.
AggieJason
AG
You're doing yourself a disservice until you read this: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wireless-exercise-headphones/
Al Bula
AG
I pulled the trigger on some Kanoas despite the lag in production. Batch 2 has been fully preordered so maybe they will be ready by end of the year? If nothing promising by end of December, I will cancel my order. I am excited in any event and will give them a shot.
agproducer
AG
quote:
quote:

These are by far the best exercise headphones i've ever had.
+1 on both of these points.

I use them to run. You can hear traffic around you -- which is good. I wish they could be a little louder -- but these are durable, sweatproof. I haven't had any real complaints.

I had some Redfox blutooth ones, but the pair I had shorted out after excessive sweat. Then, the replacement pair I received had the same thing happen. One earbud would short out due to sweat. It would come back when dry. Redfox advertises itself as running headphones and sweatproof, but doesn't stand up to sweat.
Engine10
AG
Jaybird is out with a new model, smaller form factor. Really like these so far, as my previous yurbuds were large and didn't fit my ears well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/jaybird-freedom-f5-in-ear-wireless-headphones-carbon/5227800.p?id=bb5227800&skuId=5227800
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.