***** ARK: Survival Evolved (XBONE)*****

2,045 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by GoneForGood
GoneForGood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just curious if anyone else has tried/bought this game? So far, I like how realistic it is, and I hate how realistic it is. What I mean by that is I don't like how when I log off and log back in after doing what IRL humans do (sleeping), I'm dead. I get that I need to build some kind of structure or house to be safe in, but I'm reading that even that won't protect you.

The game is a LOT of fun to play, but finding what server your survivor is on can be a bit tricky (need to go to bookmarked servers) and starting over almost from scratch (your character still knows the patterns they learned) gets old after a while. I guess this isn't a game for people who have busy lives lol. But I'll do my best as I bought it last night for $35 which is discounted, as far as I know, for now because it's in preview for Xbone.

TexAgs handle - Gamertag
Thefeelofcotton383 - TheFeelOfCotton
Jmenn87 - Rethilios
txag2k
AG
40 page thread on ARK

Folks were just talking about the xb1 version on our "big" thread. I'd suggest posting on that one since it has many subscribers to it.
GoneForGood
I saw the big thread, but that's mostly PC players. I figured I'd give xbox folks their own thread so we don;t have to wade through pages of the PC elite shaming us console users.
txag2k
AG
quote:
I saw the big thread, but that's mostly PC players. I figured I'd give xbox folks their own thread so we don;t have to wade through pages of the PC elite shaming us console users.
wow. So i guess you missed my post... about playing on XBOX.... after playing on PC.

man.. some ppl are just slow from the start.
GoneForGood
quote:
quote:
wow. So i guess you missed my post... about playing on XBOX.... after playing on PC.

man.. some ppl are just slow from the start.

Ok. All sarcasm aside, the first few hundred posts are all pc so therefore I assumed it was the pc thread. Was I wrong to assume, yes. But that doesn't mean I can't create my own thread for xbox players to discuss it separate from the pc players. And good for you for playing both. I'll still keep this thread active for those xbox players that want to contribute.
MidnightMugdown
Played about 8 hours tonight and was a ton of fun lol.
jmenn87
Been playing when I can for the past two weeks and enjoying it. I'd be game for a server to play on my GT is Rethilios
GoneForGood
Apparently, if the xbox store is to be believed, ARK is the top paid game right now. So a LOT of people are playing this game. Hence why WildCard had to load 100 new servers today. Also, I hear after that patch that dinos stats were significantly reduced. I just takes my first trike and raptor so I'm not too upset because I wasn't used to an open mount.

Having said that, I know it's all a balancing game until the full release in June or whenever. I'm still enjoying g it, now if they could just fix the dang lag/framerate issues.
The Dog Lord
AG
How has the XBox version been going for y'all? I'm very close to finally buying an XBox to play this game. I just don't want to pay for a gaming PC or go through the hassle of trying to minimize the costs of putting together a custom build.

I was just concerned with the ease of play with the controller vs the keyboard/mouse. I've also heard the graphics aren't quite as good which is to be expected, but is it very noticeable? I watched a comparison video that made it look like garbage, but the videos of actual gameplay that I've seen don't look near as bad. Is frame rate a problem? Anything else I should know about?
GoneForGood
Keep in mind the game is still in alpha which means; delayed updates, frame rate issues, clipping etc. But having said that, I haven't been this addicted to a game since WoW. I'm constantly wanting to do something,whether it's tame a new Dino we need to help us build more stone, or to keep the crops growing, there's always something for me to do. I also LOVE building, so my tribes base is always being modified. I just wish my wife would leave me alone, I mean cuddling isn't THAT important is it?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.