The Division Beta

29,310 Views | 347 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bryan98
Big_Russ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anybody is interested, Humble Bundle has Tom Clancy game bundles this week. The "pay higher than the average" bundle contains a beta key for The Division.
agdoc2001
AG
Any word on when this beta goes live?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Any word on when this beta goes live?
No, but I'm impatiently waiting, checking Reddit every day. The alpha was pretty cool.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I remember the trailer for it, but do you think it will have enough content and that the open world will be big enough?
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I remember the trailer for it, but do you think it will have enough content and that the open world will be big enough?
Well, no one really knows this. The open world seemed pretty large in the Alpha, especially considering that there are no vehicles in the game, so you're walking everywhere. There was a ton of verticality to the design - as far as I know you can not only walk for dozens of blocks, but you can also get up on top of any building.

I'm hoping that there will be a fully realized story and mission structure aside from the Dark Zone. Give me 15 hours of missions or whatever and I'll be happy. I do plan to go to the Dark Zone regularly, provided that there is incentive to do so, but I haven't seen any incentive yet. The Alpha was very limited in terms of the story content, but what there was I enjoyed.
GigEmAgs14
AG
bump.
how many people getting this for xb1?
Bryan98
AG
I am. Loved the alpha.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Decided to get it for PC. And saw this on youtube.

Dos Tortugas
AG
I am getting it for the PC. Looks pretty fun.
mid90
AG
Preordered for PS4 via Amazon yesterday. Got my beta code.

Can't wait.
Aggietaco
AG
Jackfrags has a pretty decent video on Youtube that is fairly recent, though the footage is older. Only downside for me, from his review, is that the dark zone is the only PvP area. I ordered on Amazon for the xboner and have registered for the beta which is scheduled to start January 28.
Bryan98
AG
You didn't already know about the Dark Zone? They've been promoting it for years.

On the bright side, it's huge.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Will this game be the next competitor for Destiny?
Or will it not be what it is hyped up to be?
I am excited for it nonetheless
Bryan98
AG
I don't get why this game gets compared to Destiny so much. It definitely does, but I don't think they're very similar at all. There's room in my heart for both, though. I hope I don't end up disdaining Ubisoft the way I do Bungie!
jeffk
AG
Probably going to preorder for the XB1 using the Amazon Prime discount. Trying to make up my mind between the regular edition or gold (dlc season pass). Any thoughts on value of the dlc?
Bryan98
AG
I don't usually pre-buy DLC. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's lame.
wee_ag
AG
There's not a lot out there regarding DLC, but it looks like at least one DLC will be Brooklyn, while the main game is going to include Manhattan. I was super impressed with the Alpha and look forward to the Beta in a couple of weeks. Still not sure between PC and XB1.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-doesnt-include-brooklyn-at-launch/1100-6433914/
wee_ag
AG
Also... this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A03YANE/ref=atv_hm_hom_1_c_h_1_hkpmtdao1?_encoding=UTF8&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2360314162&pf_rd_r=0XS4AEC13GRZBZ76WN4K&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=12401
AGinHI
AG
Is this the Xbox Division thread?
nomad2007
AG
Got a key for the PC beta. Hope the game doesn't go all "Watchdogs" and spend tons of extra time in development just to suck.
Tex117
AG
quote:
If Destiny is any indication, we will need to make an official ps4 thread.

So far, most of the trailers have been filled with some very dramatic walking....(I've already preordered, and looking forward to it).
bearamedic99
AG
Do we think it'll be worth the extra $40 (pre-discount) to get the gold version with the season pass?
mid90
AG
I bought bf4 premium and swore that I would not preorder DLC again
jabberwalkie09
AG
I preordered the gold edition because it seemed like the best bang for the buck but I'm not sure it was completely worth it. But I also have dumped massive time into r6 siege so I took the risk.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
Probably going to preorder for the XB1 using the Amazon Prime discount. Trying to make up my mind between the regular edition or gold (dlc season pass). Any thoughts on value of the dlc?
I'm waiting on the beta next week. If I really like it, I'll pump some more money into it and switch to the gold edition. Maybe I'll actually play this one.
jr15aggie
AG
I need to pre-order this so I can play the beta. My problem is not enough game time lately to play these online games. I'm afraid if I get this I'll be so far behind after one week I won't bother.

But it looks really fun!
AGinHI
AG
quote:
quote:

So far, most of the trailers have been filled with some very dramatic walking....(I've already preordered, and looking forward to it).

A couple of decades removed from playing video games I told myself I was going to buy a game system when the graphics reached a certain level of realism. The Snowdrop trailer for The Division was exactly what I was looking for and the only game I have really been interested in playing since getting a PS4.

Knowing I would suck horribly having never played an fps I started with Killzone to run around solo and just get used to shooting stuff. Then I bought Destiny specifically for the multiplayer. What a crappy experience that was just trying to become good enough to have fun. And given the time difference, I played with some very bizarre people--always from the Midwest--where sometimes we would sit and look at the scenery. What the hell! I live in Hawaii. I don't need to traverse the digital landscape and contemplate life while admiring a fabricated view (not the realism I was looking for). I just want to get better at pvp.

So, I've preordered myself (going agains the buyer beware beliefs I was raised with). Here's hoping that The Division is everything I expected

that I might find the time to team up with some of y'all

and I can actually play. LOL
mid90
AG
Ha! I'm sure there will be lots of late nights on the weekend with the Division. Hopefully there will be some overlap with you in Hawaii!
jeffk
AG
I'm thinking I'll go ahead and preorder the gold edition using the Amazon discount, play the beta and then downgrade if I'm still unsure.
AGinHI
AG
That'd be nice. With all the info coming out about the dark zone my fear is it'll be like Destiny where I'm the ghetto character with all the second rate gear that everyone else dumped after the first 24 hours of gameplay and a stat padding machine in pvp.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

A couple of decades removed from playing video games I told myself I was going to buy a game system when the graphics reached a certain level of realism. The Snowdrop trailer for The Division was exactly what I was looking for and the only game I have really been interested in playing since getting a PS4.

Knowing I would suck horribly having never played an fps I started with Killzone to run around solo and just get used to shooting stuff. Then I bought Destiny specifically for the multiplayer. What a crappy experience that was just trying to become good enough to have fun. And given the time difference, I played with some very bizarre people--always from the Midwest--where sometimes we would sit and look at the scenery. What the hell! I live in Hawaii. I don't need to traverse the digital landscape and contemplate life while admiring a fabricated view (not the realism I was looking for). I just want to get better at pvp.

So, I've preordered myself (going agains the buyer beware beliefs I was raised with). Here's hoping that The Division is everything I expected

that I might find the time to team up with some of y'all

and I can actually play. LOL
Yeah, the chatter on the Destiny Ps4 thread seems to be we are all getting it. With squads of 4, my bet it will be easier for you to find a game with some of the late nighters!

You can still play the game solo, so its not like it will be a total waste of money.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
That'd be nice. With all the info coming out about the dark zone my fear is it'll be like Destiny where I'm the ghetto character with all the second rate gear that everyone else dumped after the first 24 hours of gameplay and a stat padding machine in pvp.
After playing the alpha, I see this as a primarily single-player game with a traditional open-world campaign. Unless that's wrong, there is no reason to think of the game as a race to the best gear, etc.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'm thinking I'll go ahead and preorder the gold edition using the Amazon discount, play the beta and then downgrade if I'm still unsure.

I just did this exact thing... Thanks for the suggestion. $20 off for prime members is a really sweet deal! My understanding is the DLC will be pretty big for this game.

So I'm in for the beta and if I'm a fan I'll be in for the long haul with all the DLC. If not I'll push the cancel button!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
After playing the alpha, I see this as a primarily single-player game with a traditional open-world campaign. Unless that's wrong, there is no reason to think of the game as a race to the best gear, etc.
I didn't play the alpha, looking forward to the beta next week, but based on the game play I've seen I don't think lone wolfing it in the dark zone is an option. Though, like I said that's just based on watching game play and it taking lots of bullets to drop enemies from what I've seen.
jr15aggie
AG
FYI, they did say proximity chat is in this game when you are in the "dark zone" (PVP area)... so it will definitely be beneficial / more fun when we party up to just use the game chat system (if you are in an XBL party you won't get any chat from randoms).

I will anxiously await the battle cray "Leeerooooyyyy JJJJaaaannnnnkinnns!!!"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.