***** Boardgame Discussion Thread *****

92,493 Views | 670 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BQRyno
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
javajaws said:

Too Many Bones. Really liking this one as a solo game playing 2 handed. Really love all the quality bits but it's a fun dice roller as well! Rules are many and can be a bit vague at times...but in this type of game I'm ok with it, especially playing solo.

Got it on the list.

Becoming a huge solo board gamer myself.

Anyone ever play Arkham Horror LCG? I have the base game on the way now.
javajaws
AG
Eliminatus said:

javajaws said:

Too Many Bones. Really liking this one as a solo game playing 2 handed. Really love all the quality bits but it's a fun dice roller as well! Rules are many and can be a bit vague at times...but in this type of game I'm ok with it, especially playing solo.

Got it on the list.

Becoming a huge solo board gamer myself.

Anyone ever play Arkham Horror LCG? I have the base game on the way now.
Its a great time for solo boardgaming - lots of options out there.

I just got the kickstarter expansion to TM:Ares Expedition which has a new solo mode (and co-op mode as well!) and hope to play it soon. TM:AE has a solo mode in the core box and its good as well, and even greater to learn the game before teaching others.
Red Five
AG
I picked up Ares Expedition back when it released but have never gotten around to playing it. Terraforming Mars is one of my top games of all time, so I need to correct that.
javajaws
AG
Oh boy - my Final Girl season 2 just got here the same weekend as the Diablo beta. And the wife wants to go look at bluebonnets today! Life is unfair sometimes.

javajaws
AG
OK, tried out ANOTHER game this week - Earth. It has a lot of similarities to Wingspan, Terraforming Mars, and Meadow. Really like it. Its a point salad game with tableau building/engine building mechanisms. Easy setup, lots of re-playability, easy to learn - hard to master, zero downtime. I think it'll be a serious contender for new game of the year.

BQRyno
AG
Really enjoy Arkham Horror, but I prefer to play with buddies, and with three kids and buddies moving further away, it's not in the cards (ha) for a while. I continue to buy everything that comes out because I know I'll get to it one day. The campaigns mean playing through a whole story takes several gaming sessions.

For a similar experience that we can knock out all at once, I really enjoy Mansion of Madness. The 2nd edition has an app acting as the dungeon master so no one has to do it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.