Wemo lights

1,469 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BQ92
tmas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have Wemo lights?

[url]http://www.belkin.com/us/F5Z0489-Belkin/p/P-F5Z0489;jsessionid=427B40202F70606886C116B9510EFAEF/[/url]

I want to understand if they can be turned on and off with the app.
Harman Rabb Jr.
I have them and they are great. You can turn them on and off and dim from the app. You can also set a schedule using the app. I like the light switches better than the bulbs, but they both work.
Harman Rabb Jr.
I might be referring to the GE wink based lights.
agdoc2001
AG
I have the wemo switch on my porch lights. I can turn them on or off from within the app, but I have them on a scheduled timer where the switch pulls time for sunrise/sunset from the Internet and turns them on/off accordingly.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bigboykin
AG
I have some, and yes you can turn them on/of from the app but only if your wife isn't constantly turning them off from the switch...

I read a bunch of bad reviews, but they were on sale so cheap that I picked some up anyway. Mine have worked great.
TexasRebel
AG
Mine work great. I'm in a wifi noisy apartment right now and occasionally one will get lost for an hour or so. I set them to turn my lights on just before my alarm clock sounds.
BEaggie08
AG
So, I recently jumped in with WeMo. My damn link keeps disconnecting. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not sure if I got a defective link or if my WiFi QoS is being lame. I have also been unable to get my Amazon Echo to find devices.

So far, I'm just in the experimentation mode, so the wife is removed from the process. I am concerned about the wife and kids using the light switches if I make it to implementation.

I've also come across a few IFTTT integration channels that sound interesting (some that use WeMo and some that don't). One non-WeMo that I'm pretty stoked to test is the integration between the Echo and the Harmony Hub to turn the TV on and off. Anyone have any channels or recipes that work out really well?
BEaggie08
AG
Anybody? Crickets...
BQ92
AG
I loved the switches then a firmware update bricked two of my switches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.