Surface Pro 4

1,534 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Pman17
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody order one or have one? I pre-ordered the i7 model and waiting for it to ship anytime now. My warranty just shipped this morning. Got my hopes up for a sec.
Pman17
AG
UPDATE: My i7 SP4 shipped
boboguitar
AG
I have the pro 3 and absolutely recommend it. Best laptop/tablet combo out there.
chigger
AG
I have the i5/256. Hardware-wise, I really like it.

I had a lot software issues though. The only thing I can think is that there were a bad batch of hard drive images. We had three where after the initial setup and Windows upate they would go into and endless cycle of Automatic Repair. The only remedy was wipe and reinstall. Not a huge problem in the end, but really annoying. I can imagine if you were less technically inclined that it would be an automatic refund situation. Not sure how this made it out of QC.
Pman17
AG
Cool, found out my shipment was overnight! Getting it today!
chigger
AG
I hope it goes well. My suggestion given what I said above is go through the setup, do all the Windows Updates and then reboot. If it is going to flake out it likely will then. If it does, you will have to download the reinstall image from microsoft and redo it. Kind of a pain, but the hardware seems good and after that Ive had no issues.
ExPLK
AG
Anybody seen the surface book yet? Debating between that and SP4 for new work machine.
boboguitar
AG
quote:
Anybody seen the surface book yet? Debating between that and SP4 for new work machine.

I haven't but I imagine it's a lot like the MacBook Air except with Windows and the ability to rotate the screen more.
boboguitar
AG
A side note. One of the coolest features is being able to play Xbox on my SP3 while my wife watches her shows in the evening.
Elephant
AG
quote:
A side note. One of the coolest features is being able to play Xbox on my SP3 while my wife watches her shows in the evening.
Tell me more about this? I have a SP3 and an Xbox 360 but don't know about the advanced functionality that you speak of...
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:
Tell me more about this? I have a SP3 and an Xbox 360 but don't know about the advanced functionality that you speak of...

Download the Xbox desktop app and you can stream games to the tablet. I have an Xbox one so I'm not sure if it works with a 360 but I'll check.
boboguitar
AG
Looks like you need the one.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/gaming-on-windows/how-to-use-game-streaming
Pman17
AG
Xbox One only for streaming. There's an excuse to get a One. They're cheap Black Friday weekend! As low as $299 which is back to the starting price for the original 360. Over 100 360 titles are backwards compatible.
Pman17
AG
Had my surface for about two weeks now. Enjoying it though my Microsoft Keyboard cover broke! Just stopped working. I'm gonna get a refund. Just ordered the new Zagg keyboard that just came out online today! The surface keyboard is already wearing on the corners.

I've been having some strange game streaming issues lately. Game streaming was working fine when I first got it, then now it streams smoothly for a few seconds and then lags then smooth then lag at a timely pattern. Happens on my network and parents network. I wonder if it's just some application on my surface that's doing that or some bug. Trying to figure out how to monitor the internet traffic going to and from my surface.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.