***** Battlefront (PS4) *****

15,169 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Desert Power
Sandman23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time to get this party started, gents! Who among my fellow TexAg Nerdery friends will be playing this game on the glorious Sony Playstation 4? I will try and keep the list updated below.

Official Reviews
Reddit Review Megathread
Forbes - 10/10
Aus Gamers - 9/10
Ticgn - 8.5/10
Game Trailers - 8.1/10
Polygon 8/10
Metro - 8/10
Games Radar - 4/5
Gamespot - 7/10
Attack of the Fanboy - 3.5/5
US Gamer - 3.5/5
VideoGamer - 7/10
Gamer Revolution - 3.5/5
Giant Bomb - 3/5
Destructoid - 6/10
Hardcore Gamer - 3/5
IGN - Review In Progress

Helpful Links/Info
Official EA Site
Battlefront Subreddit
Gamespot's Rundown of all Game Modes
Final Code PS4 Frame Rate Test (YouTube video)

The Players
TexAgs Handle - PSN Name
Sandman 23 - LawSchoolSandman
BigAggie06 - BigAggie06
MBAR - msalgado80
srob2004 - captdyck
CoppellAg93 - BIGJSC94
cr0wbar - crow_bar08
AGinHI - DaKineTyKai
Wheatables02 - Wheatables02
Joe Cole - Topwater9
boogieman - boogieman187
RedlineAg08 - Frytin
Ag Since 83 - aggiegooner
mazag08 - flower-arranger
Cromagnum - BQHurricane
Sandman23
AG
Really? No one?
BigAggie06
AG
BigAggie06

Will probably pick it up on the way home from work tomorrow and take some time out from Fallout 4 to play.
MBAR
AG
I'm playing right now!

msalgado80
Cromagnum
AG
Too many folks playing Fallout (and also skeptical about how EA handles another online game launch). BF4 had a lot of issues.
srob2004
AG
srob2004 - captdyck

I played about 1 hour last night... there is also a companion app with another game in it...(much like what AC has done)

Check it out in the app store as well.

I hope to be on mid day or at night... depends on when time frees up.

I played mostly walker assault last night but tried Supremacy, Blast, and Drop Zone.
CoppellAg93
AG
Hoping to pick up the game on the way home today.

PSN - BIGJSC94
Gomer95
AG
How is it? Is it fun? I was reading that it was just ok but most of the negativity came from the fact that there's not much content yet and there's no single player campaign. I think it looks awesome but I'm anxious to hear opinions.
srob2004
AG
I think it looks and sounds great... i found the hour+ I played went by like nothing... so I must have been having fun. Although I love BF games and star wars so it's great for me.

For me, it is well worth the money.
Sandman23
AG
Strom knocked my internet out last night, so I am looking forward to diving in tonight for the first time
AgsWin2011
AG
I don't know who Strom is, but I would kick him in the nuts for the inconvenience he has caused you!
cr0wbar
AG
Just had mine delivered to work!

crow_bar08
MBAR
AG
I didn't play much but I enjoyed it. Its like a simpliefied battlefield. You really do feel like you're in a star wars movie. It looks amazing and its at a constant 60 FPS.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
I don't know who Strom is, but I would kick him in the nuts for the inconvenience he has caused you!

STROM!

PSN: DaKineTyKai

Wheatables02
AG
Will pick up after work.

PSN Wheatables02
Joe Cole
picking up after work. I quit BF4 cold turkey so looking fwd to it. I think it will be worth it just for couch co-op with kid. After quitting BF4, really spent more time playing Plants vs Zombies garden Warfare. It was the perfect mix of simple and tweakable

PSN - Topwater9
boogieman
AG
I'll be on tonight.

PSN: boogieman187
RedlineAg08
The wife and I may be on tonight. Add me

PSN: Frytin
Living Legend
AG
Is it worth buying? I'm a huge Star Wars fan but keep hearing that this game gets old fast
Madmarttigan
AG
The most complaints I see are the lack of content for the price and EA charging you extra for more content. The actual game itself is fine, and it is great if you don't have lots of time because you won't get raped by everyone else having all of these insane upgrades. The starting weapons are really strong for once and the others just depend on your play style. I am enjoying it more than Halo 5 or Black ops, but time will tell.
Cromagnum
AG
Picked up the Hobbit Extended Cut today from Best Buy and they told me I had a $55 reward zone credit so I snatched up battlefront. May not get to play it for a few days, but im focusing a lot on fallout when I do play anyways.
Ag Since 83
AG
Ag Since 83 - aggiegooner

Fair warning, I never play first person shooters and I suck. Horribly.
MW03
AG
quote:
Is it worth buying? I'm a huge Star Wars fan but keep hearing that this game gets old fast
Same place I am at.
Sandman23
AG
As a more casual FPS guy I am loving it. The progression system is much more basic than a Battlefield or COD game, which turns off a lot of the guys that dump 100 hours into the FPS games. But for someone who will probably only play this game for 20-40 hours, it is perfect.

Also, the fact that the bonuses (big weapons, vehicles, heroes, etc.) are just pickups as opposed to killstreak rewards is great for casual fans. I have literally never even seen a nuke in COD because I will NEVER put together a 5 kill streak in my life, but I have already played as Vader, piloted an X-Wing, etc.

If you are a hardcore FPS player, Battlefront may disappoint in it's "simplicity", but for a casual guy, and a fan of Star Wars, it is phenomenal and WELL worth the investment.
Cromagnum
AG
I only had about 15 minutes to try it today. Initial impressions:

Sweet graphics, awesome music and sound.
Very watered down in terms of a shooter. Glad it only cost me 5 bucks so far.
SF2004
AG
Is this thing going to be the usual $60 and then $50 more for premium?
Cromagnum
AG
Yes, though who knows when all the DLC is coming or whats in it. They are already working on the next entire Battlefront game so the other question is whether its even worth getting the DLC at all.
HowdyOutbound
quote:
Is this thing going to be the usual $60 and then $50 more for premium?

Yes. Typical EA bullsh't. They give you half of the game for twice the price.
whiskey02
AG
This game is pretty awesome for PS4. Can anyone explain how season pass works? Is that like buying all of the future maps and weapons all at once instead of individually?
Ag Since 83
AG
Something like that.

So far, I'm loving the game. Supremacy and Drop Zone are my favorite modes.
Joe Cole
It's really grown on me now that I have leveled up and unlocked some cool stuff.

I like playing Supremacy, but there seems to be major spawn problems.

My 6 year old is playing right now and got to be Vader, he was standing in the middle of the map and the other team kept spawning on top of each other in the same exact spot. He killed over 40 in a row. I will never be able to top that!
SF2004
AG
quote:
It's really grown on me now that I have leveled up and unlocked some cool stuff.

I like playing Supremacy, but there seems to be major spawn problems.

My 6 year old is playing right now and got to be Vader, he was standing in the middle of the map and the other team kept spawning on top of each other in the same exact spot. He killed over 40 in a row. I will never be able to top that!
What kind of 6 year olds are we raising these days?

I couldn't even beat battletoads on NES when I was like 8, much less play a multiplayer FPS.
Joe Cole
I questioned it myself. He loves SW and shooting things so I just let him go. Most of the time he is killed quickly, he really lucked into the spawn point thing.

I have seen AT-STs also camp that same spot since then.

Wasn't Battletoads rated one of the hardest games to beat of all time?
Hanrahan
AG
Meh. visuals are awesome. First time through everything is amazing. But then the insanely crappy game mechanics shine through. Game gets old and boring pretty fast even in multiplayer. The gun play is 1/10. The strategy is 1/10. Plane flying mechanics are 3/10. The constantly having to run stupid long distances on re spawns is 1/10. Visuals and sound are 11/10. I'm big Star Wars fan and I'm already pretty much done with it until the Jakku map comes out in December. Buy it used next month for half price when everyone starts dumping it after getting bored.
Aggie_3
how many of yall are still playing I was thinking of picking this up today after work

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.