Switched to T-mobile today (2 lines, 10gb/line, data rollover -> $100 )

1,058 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by kb2001
shiftyandquick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Giving my up my unlimited data. However I very much doubt I will notice as I probably never even hit 3gb / month with verizon.

This 10gb/line is a promotion that expires this weekend. For anyone else who is interested.

10gb with rollover, and streaming music/video not counting toward it = essentially unlimited.
BEaggie08
AG
Get back to us in a year and let us know how that's working out for you. I had T-Mobile once. Coverage was a nightmare.
permabull
AG
T-mobile coverage has increased dramatically over the past 2 years. This isn't the same carrier from a year ago.
PLUM LOCO
AG
^
|
|
THIS...

Huge difference over the last two years.
jja79
AG
I use a hotspot when I'm at my place in CS and the new device and service are fantastic.
Iowaggie
AG
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, with T-Mobile, you aren't on a contract, so if the coverage stinks, you can always switch again.
shiftyandquick
Correct, no contract. And I think there is a guaranteed trial period of something like 7 days or 14 days or something.
bco2003
AG
quote:
T-mobile coverage has increased dramatically over the past 2 years. This isn't the same carrier from a year ago.

+10

Coverage has expanded considerably even in the last few months.

99CentBeer
I switched to this plan from Verizon about two months ago as well. Funny thing is I thought I'd be saving money over Verizon, but after getting a G6 Edge+ and LG V10 with the re-Up ability, once you add the cost of the phones I'm actually paying about $10 MORE per month than I was on Verizon.

Coverage is decent. I was worried. I actually get BETTER coverage at my house and a few places within the city (Houston) with T-Mobile than I did with Verizon. However T-Mobile is still definitely not as competitive in rural areas. There's a 30 minute dead zone along 290 on the way to Austin. Hit a number of dead zones on the way to Oklahoma as well. Always had perfect rural area coverage with Verizon.
Ulysses90
AG
I switched to T-mobile a few months ago and the coverage is fine where I live but there are definitely some black holes in their coverage map. I've been very happy with the service for the most part. I travel frequently to Quantico VA and as soon as you get more than a half mile from I-95 the entire base is a dead zone for T-Mobile data though you can get 2G coverage voice calls through at most spots on the base. By contrast, the government issued AT&T phone that I carry has decent coverage at those same locations for both voice and data.

If you like streaming movies on your phone, T-Mobile just started unlimited streaming from Netflix, Hulu, and a bunch of other video streaming services that does not count against your 4G data limits. You still have to have an account with the video streaming service but you can watch on your phone without worrying about the data usage. This comes in handy if you stay in hotels a lot and have a Chromcast or similar device to stream from your phone to the TV.
kb2001
AG
We've been on tmobile for about 3 years now and it's been getting much better. The coverage is a bit spotty in some places, but nothing that impacts my wife or I.

Thanks for the heads up on the deals, I just got on and increased our data for no additional cost
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.