Directv Wifi

1,640 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by OXDL45
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Asking for thoughts and opinions on Directv Wifi......tv and internet......ready for upgrading my directv and also adding my internet service to it....also, approximately how expensive is it....
aggieforester05
AG
Satellite internet should be your third to last choice with cell tethering and dial up being the last two. Search for wireless providers in your area. Satellite is slow, expensive and usually has super low data limits. Wireless ISPs are usually a much better option in rural areas.
agfan1030
Thanks...I live in the country. Have a land line but have been told the line is too old and will not work for internet. Currently, use Verizon. It is expensive. Go over my allotted data amount every month. Will do some more research. Also, I set my update status from auto to allowing me to select which updates I want (important and recommended). Have to find the setting to stop all the auto video that plays.
agfan1030
Ok...another bothersome question...still working on this Directv change. I can get the Genie and miniGenies at no cost for equipment. My bill will go up $29.50 a month for three rooms which will put it near $140 a month...have next to top package. Hate that cost but........I can't record right now and there has to be a change that .... and need/want HD, too. (I have two room service now and will have to buy another tv to accomplish three rooms).

? How do those of you who have Directv Genie like it....
Aggie_3
I love mine and it's well worth it
OXDL45
AG
Get the HD and a DVR, it is worth the investment.
pasquale
AG
GENIE is pretty slick. The remote takes some getting used too though.
agfan1030
I can see my husband who dislikes technology raising cane. lol

Thanks for the replies.
agfan1030
Set up for Genie upgrade next Friday.
Thanks guys for your responses.
OXDL45
AG
quote:
Set up for Genie upgrade next Friday.
Thanks guys for your responses.
agfan1030
Job is done. All is working well. New TV and all. Nice..... Thanks again for the responses.
OXDL45
AG
Glad it worked out for you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.