**** Official Black Ops 3 Thread ****

5,471 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sandman23
Shiner_Bock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I bought "the kids" (8 & 5 y/o girls) an XB1 last night and bundled it with AC: Unity, Forza 6, and CoD BO3.

I haven't played CoD since the original Modern Warfare on the 360. What am I in for?

You might enjoy this even more than most of us. The mechanics resemble black ops 1 as well as a bit of modern warfare. Most of us who had played advanced warfare before had to get used to the lack of boosting every which direction.
BMK54
Ps4: BMK54
Madmarttigan
AG
Is this l**** for anyone else?

Some games are okish but others people are jumping quite a bit.
jmh3209
AG
PS4: TheBearJu32
aTmLoKi
AG
XBONE: LennXman
MediAg13
AG
My favorite CoD so far without a doubt. I was really frustrated with the game play in AW, seemed so arcadeish with all the boosting around every which way but I feel like they toned it down the perfect amount to make it fit the CoD memo.

XBone: Ragnarokos
Matt_ag98
Had not really played since bo2 as played ghost for about an hour and wasn't that good, I like the boosters and wall running, adds more to a 3D element, also I run and gun so the campers are way lower than saw the original black ops, pretty fun so far
HossAg
AG
quote:
Had not really played since bo2 as played ghost for about an hour and wasn't that good, I like the boosters and wall running, adds more to a 3D element, also I run and gun so the campers are way lower than saw the original black ops, pretty fun so far

Solid English
BigAggie06
AG
quote:

I think that black ops 2 was superior in regards to sniping. They had a fairly good mix of maps some it was difficult to camp and snipe, others it was a decent tactic, however there were few (none?) places where you could just camp infinitely because everything was exposed in some form or fashion to players who knew what they were doing.

I enjoy BlackOp3 immensely, however, the sniper rifle is utterly useless for the most part. Much more effective putting a scope on an assault rifle, the maps are small enough that most high traffic areas don't stress the range of the assault rifles, and it gives you the ability to get in the mix when needed.

Although for me nothing beats a good SMG.
HossAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I think that black ops 2 was superior in regards to sniping. They had a fairly good mix of maps some it was difficult to camp and snipe, others it was a decent tactic, however there were few (none?) places where you could just camp infinitely because everything was exposed in some form or fashion to players who knew what they were doing.

I enjoy BlackOp3 immensely, however, the sniper rifle is utterly useless for the most part. Much more effective putting a scope on an assault rifle, the maps are small enough that most high traffic areas don't stress the range of the assault rifles, and it gives you the ability to get in the mix when needed.

I'm sorry, but anyone with a decent pair of thumbs can destroy with the sniper in black ops 2. Its perfectly usable in black ops 3, they just balanced it better this time. It was way too easy to go off with the sniper in bo2.
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm sorry, but anyone with a decent pair of thumbs can destroy with the sniper in black ops 2. Its perfectly usable in black ops 3, they just balanced it better this time. It was way too easy to go off with the sniper in bo2.

I rambled a bit but I think my point was that the maps in Bo2 were more sniper friendly than any of th Bo3 maps. The map with the crashed airplane and the one with the castle were super fun with the sniper rifle, there isn't a single map I enjoy sniping in Bo3.

I dont have the patience to snipe every round but I don't even want to on occasion in 3 due to the bad maps.
Matt_ag98
Yep, new phone+auto predict/correct+in between meeting = posting disaster, tldr is bo3 is a pretty solid cod entry
HossAg
AG
Well said
snizzler22
AG
XBO: snizzler22
IowaAg07
AG
XBO: JayJayRod
Rule Number 32
AG
If anyone has been on the fence about buying this, you might be able to get Best Buy to price match this ad.

http://www.brandsmartusa.com/codblackops3

I was able to get a rep to do it by calling the best buy price match number, and picked it up last night for $29. Technically it isn't a local vendor, but brandsmart USA is one of the vendors they will price match.
HossAg
AG
XBO: A Texas Aggie
MediAg13
AG
Xbone: GastrokNemesis
clobby
AG
PS4: cl0bby429
Matt_ag98
Tis the season for Christmas Noobs! Enjoy the boost to your KD everyone!
HossAg
AG
Anyone else think the aiming in this game feels weird? Idk if this is normal for Xbox One games, but it just doesn't feel near as tight as all the other cods. Like aim assist is really jacked up. It'll track people through walls and not work sometimes and work too much other times. This game would be amazing for me if the aiming didn't feel so off.

And it's not just me, because I can hop on any of the other cods and go 25-2 or something pretty easily.
MediAg13
AG
quote:
Anyone else think the aiming in this game feels weird? Idk if this is normal for Xbox One games, but it just doesn't feel near as tight as all the other cods. Like aim assist is really jacked up. It'll track people through walls and not work sometimes and work too much other times. This game would be amazing for me if the aiming didn't feel so off.

And it's not just me, because I can hop on any of the other cods and go 25-2 or something pretty easily.
It definitely happens but they have slowly been fixing all the less than perfect aspects of this game through updates since the release. Also it doesn't happen frequently enough to call it a major problem but I notice sometimes if someone jumps from behind a barrier then strafes back my aim will be thrown to the point they jumped and that is very frustrating. Also you can turn this feature off.
Matt_ag98
If anyone still plays you can add me GT: matt ag98, have a crappy KD and mainly play for the objective(which given all the camo unlocks etc seems like everyone just is doing trick-shots, running 10 attachments etc to get unlocks and not playing the objective) but still a fun game
redassag12
AG
XBL: T3XAS AGG13 201
MediAg13
AG
I'll add y'all when I get on tonight. Usually stick to TDM in the evenings with the same group of 3-6 people but anyone is welcome to join, it is fun to just roll.
Sandman23
AG
Just picked up a used copy of this for cheap. Jumping from Halo to COD is TOUGH.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.