Did I miss the AC Syndicate thread?

1,385 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by wangus12
staedtler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any insight into if this one is worth it? I actually liked the pirate one. The second was the best. Revolutionary war one was unplayable after a while.
agfan2013
AG
The fact that there isn't a thread pretty much tells you what you need to know. While I did see that it got higher reviews from publications than expected, it's still the same game with a different face on it. I might pick it up if I get bored next year and it's 20-30 bucks. Too much else coming out to play the same thing I've already played for their last 5 installments in that series.
staedtler
quote:
The fact that there isn't a thread pretty much tells you what you need to know. While I did see that it got higher reviews from publications than expected, it's still the same game with a different face on it. I might pick it up if I get bored next year and it's 20-30 bucks. Too much else coming out to play the same thing I've already played for their last 5 installments in that series.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks.
Wildmen03
AG
I bought AC, AC2, brotherhood, revelations, AC3 all on sale and got Black Flag for free when I upgraded my video card. These games are fun for sure but I am glad I didn't pay full price for any of them.
Saxsoon
AG
I plan on picking it up in the next few months when things slow down. Heard great things about it.
CrottyKid
AG
AC4 was the only one I ever played bc it was free with Gold. I thought it was awesome for free...not for 60 bucks.
mid90
AG
Might wanna check under the COD thread.
srob2004
AG
Unity was very bad. I have put about 4-5 hours into Syn so far and I'm pleased. The twins is a neat twist and figuring out which is best, etc. It is an AC game so you get what you should expect... I have not seen anything truly "game revolutionary" yet.

I considered AC4 to be a bit revolutionary for AC games in the way the world was. (all broken up versus one major city)

The game looks stunning on PS4 and it has been a ton of fun for me. I'm a huge AC fan so take that with a grain of salt. I do have Battlefront on pre-order so once that is downloaded I'm sure AC hits the shelf.

I agree with the above... I think AC needs to go to a once every other year rotation or something... one/year is too much for them I think.

But overall I would have given Unity a 5/10 and I think Syn is more a 8-8.5/10. For me AC4 was a 10, AC2 was a 10, brotherhood was a 9. AC3 was meh for me, but it had moments... so like a 7/10.
jr15aggie
AG
I pretty much dropped the franchise last gen after 2 when they made it an annual game. Played Black Flag on the XB1 a few months after it released and the price had dropped... absolutely LOVED that game. Probably had a lot to do with my love of Rum and the tropics. I beat Unity, but I was very burnt out on the franchise again 3/4 through the game.

No interest in the new one, but I do plan on playing Black Flag again! That game is so great and doesn't even feel like an AC game thanks to the open world, open seas, etc. Love that game!
staedtler
Srob2004, i agree with you.

Jr15, Blackflag is awesome. I sold my copy sadly and now I wish I hadn't. My favorite by far.
Kampfers
AG
So I picked this game up for free because Newegg replaced my copy of Arkham Knight I got with my graphics card...

Holy hell this game is beautiful. It literally has graphics settings I had never seen in a game before. I can't quite run the game on "ultra" but even with my slightly less than max settings, it's still the most beautiful game I've played this year.

They seem to have finally mastered the "freeform" assassination style they introduced in Unity, which is nice. Lots of different entrances, lots of different ways to kill the mark, you definitely don't have to play like "one man army" because you can weave and assassinate your way through just like you should.

This is what Unity should have been. Yeah, it's still the AC formula, and people will rip on it for that. But this is probably the best AC game (excluding Black Flag) since Ezio. That said, I'm still early in the game. But it's been impressive thus far.
I Like Mike
AG
I enjoyed it until Fallout 4 killed every other game I own.
wangus12
AG
Have it, but been playing to much Halo and Battlefront to really dig into. Gorgeous game though
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.