*****Official Fallout 4 Thread*****

166,976 Views | 1514 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Claude!
Prime0882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fallout 4: The Storyteller Lore series

Less than a month until this one drops! The clip above is a pretty long series of youtube videos describing all sorts of aspects of the series for any of those who may not have played before.

I've only played Fallout 3 and skipped New Vegas. Think I'll probably pick this one up - looking forward to the Boston setting.
Tex117
AG
Looking forward to this one!
Sandman23
AG
Probably my most anticipated release of the past 5 years.

Got my Pip-Boy Edition Pre-ordered, planning on taking the next day off of work, BRING ON THE WASTELAND!!
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Probably my most anticipated release of the past 5 years.

Got my Pip-Boy Edition Pre-ordered, planning on taking the next day off of work, BRING ON THE WASTELAND!!
Depending on where you work, you may already have the day off since the next day is Veteran's Day.
spieg12
AG
Can't freaking wait. It comes just in time for me to pretty much have everything finished in Destiny.
Pman17
AG
They went gold today! Expect to preload soon!
texsn95
AG
Welp, looks like I'll get 2 weeks into Halo 5 before it starts collecting dust
bbattbq01
ag_derp
AG
pip boy edition pc preordered
maverick2076
Cannot wait. I preordered the Pip Boy edition even though I don't have an XBone. This is the game that finally pushed me to upgrade.
Aggietaco
AG
On sale for Amazon Prime members today (both XB1 and PS4). $49.99 + tax and free release date delivery.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
On sale for Amazon Prime members today (both XB1 and PS4). $49.99 + tax and free release date delivery.

I've already preordered and Amazon has their "price protection" I wonder if I'll get that $10 off as well.....
howdydamnit04
AG
Shows up as 59.99 for me on prime right now
agfan2013
AG
Add to cart and you will see the discount if you are logged into your prime account
howdydamnit04
AG
Thanks! Didn't take it that far but it worked now.
Aggietaco
AG
Sorry, meant to post with details. You need to head to checkout to see the discount.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
quote:

I've already preordered and Amazon has their "price protection" I wonder if I'll get that $10 off as well.....
I'm sure they will, otherwise you could just cancel and re-preorder.
Redsurf03
AG
S 3
P 4
E 3
C 4
I 6
A 6
L 2
Cromagnum
AG
Still $10 off today on prime. Will show up at checkout.
agfan2013
AG
Going to put a lot of points into strength and charisma, perception after those two. I guess I'm a smooth-talking gunslinger? Worked out well for me in the past, I usually leave luck pretty low, I make my own luck, with lead......
MGS
If you have GCU at Best Buy, preorder is $48 and it comes with a $10 gift card.
rhutton125
AG
No clue how I want to build my guy but I'm looking forward to the release
RayRay99
AG
39.99 at cdkeys.com
ag_derp
AG
About a week left!!! Ordered pipboy edition for pc.. anyone else get pipboy ed??
Xiuh
It was sold out by the time I wanted it, so I got the gold version. Comes with the season pass and some fallout socks haha
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
About a week left!!! Ordered pipboy edition for pc.. anyone else get pipboy ed??

Yes, and a little sad won't be able to play until Tuesday night!
Thunder18
AG
Amazon Prime still has the discount going today...just fyi
3rdGen2015
AG
I've never played any of the Fallout games. Anybody want to give me a quick rundown of the gameplay style? I'm trying to decide if I want to get this or Star Wars Battlefront.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
quote:
I've never played any of the Fallout games. Anybody want to give me a quick rundown of the gameplay style? I'm trying to decide if I want to get this or Star Wars Battlefront.
It is an RPG where in a post-nuclear fallout world. There are various groups vying for power in each of the games. Some are just local, other are much larger. Your choices influence the outcomes of this power struggle (and every day people as well). Some choices you may find simple --- others are classic, almost no-win situations where you can't save everyone. Morality can be a bit blurry at times --- you may have to steal to not die.. and maybe not punish others for doing so.

The game play is fun and, at least through the others, has a high replay value because not only can you choose different choices in the game, you can have your attributes be something entirely different and that forces you into different dialogue options and skill sets. Overall, it is fantastic series. If you played Skyrim -- it is somewhat similar --- but this will be much, much larger.
maverick2076
I ordered the Pip Boy edition too. First time I've ever bought a special edition of a game, and probably only the 3rd game I've ever preordered. Now I need to get off my ass and get an Xbox One.
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Don't you mean a PS4?
Tex117
AG
quote:
Ever play Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind? If so, that...with guns...

Pretty much what Ph.D.Aggies said.

You walk around in a very atmospheric stunted 1950's after a nuclear war. Its not really a "FPS" but it is in that view. They make up with rougher shooting mechanics with a VATS system. The system essentially slows time allowing you to choose a specific body part to target at the expense of certain AP points that slowly regenerate.

The series is known for wacky characters and dark humor. There will be a main quest to follow with many other branching quests off of that.

Its an RPG first. Star Wars, of course, is a FPS through and through.

So, determine if you want to play an open slower paced RPG or a fast paced FPS.

Mr Gigem
AG
I'm really really considering getting this game. I've never played any of the others so I appreciate your summary. It sounds awesome
Cromagnum
AG
Ever played Bioshock? Fallout is not a FPS like that, but the style of humor is very similar.
Mr Gigem
AG
I played one of them, can't remember which one

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.