Denon AVR 1913 Problems

2,073 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Cargo Shorts FTW
tommyjohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can anyone diagnose?

After turning everything on to watch TV and within the first 5-10 minutes of being on the receiver seems to lose signal and the picture is lost for a few seconds. This happens 2-3 times every time we turn on the TV.

The buttons that flash on the receiver display while resetting are PCM and DIG.
Cargo Shorts FTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I assume your TV and source are both connected by HDMI. Has it always happened with this setup, or is it a new symptom that has started recently? I think your having HDMI sync issues. Just some quick ideas to try:

Make sure your AVR 1913 is running the latest software. Connect it to your network and go find the software update buried somewhere in the setup menus.

Poor cable. Is it only happening on your TV source (DVR)? See if it happens on another source, like blu-ray, game console, anything else you may have available. If it happens on all of them, it may be cable from receiver to TV. Only on the DVR, could be cable from DVR to receiver. Try just re-seating the HDMI cables at both ends, then try swapping out for another cable.

Goofy TV input. I've had some weird video sync issues that crop up every couple months, and I fix it by moving the HDMI cable from my receiver to the TV from HDMI 1 on the television to HDMI 2, or back again. Some TV's do goofy things with some inputs (mitsubishi), so try using a different input on the TV end of the connection.

Are you using any HDMI control settings? For example, the receiver can send a signal to the TV to turn on, or vice versa. Try turning that off and "manually" turn on TV and Receiver. These settings can be on both the TV and the receiver end. Just to keep you busy, this could be on the DVR as well.

Lastly, try changing the startup order. If the receiver turns on first, then the TV, swap them. Similarly, try turning on one of TV or receiver, then waiting for 5 seconds or so before turning on the other. If so you can setup a programmable remote to do all the startup work and pause between the power on for you. Again, this could be timing between the DVR and the receiver as well, so try the same thing with the DVR. In the case of the DVR, it may be as simple as turning off the low power state and just leaving it fully on all the time.

That's all I can think of to try, good chance one of the above will take care of it. Good luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.