xfinity x1

985 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SJEAg
Oknows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need thoughts. Good service? UI good? etc, etc. TIA!
capital markets
AG
I liked it. I switched to uverse just to see what else was out there. X1 was so much better that I am canceling Uverse and going back to Xfinity.

I thought the internet was much faster, and the HD picture much clearer with Comcast X1. Difference in picture especially noticeable in sports games.
SF2004
AG
quote:
I liked it. I switched to uverse just to see what else was out there. X1 was so much better that I am canceling Uverse and going back to Xfinity.

I thought the internet was much faster, and the HD picture much clearer with Comcast X1. Difference in picture especially noticeable in sports games.
I have Uverse and hate it, but believe it or not AT&T's customer service is always good to me.

I want to try Xfinity but am terrified of ruining something that works and it serviced well to try something different.

Any problems with outages or service?
capital markets
AG
quote:
quote:

I have Uverse and hate it, but believe it or not AT&T's customer service is always good to me.

I want to try Xfinity but am terrified of ruining something that works and it serviced well to try something different.

Any problems with outages or service?
Only a couple of times in 3 years. And even those were resolved pretty quickly. The new x1 box is miles ahead of the old box, so I had even less issue once I got the newer box.

I actually had a decent time with Comcast customer service. But maybe my experience is an outlier.
SJEAg
AG
I've always been with Comcast...X1 is leaps and bounds better than what they had before.

The UI is impressive, but has some annoyances. My biggest gripe is it won't let you keep the Guide filtered on your Favorites, keeps reverting back after an hour or two. The ability to watch your DVR and live TV on your mobile device or PC is pretty cool....but maybe that's a standard thing these days.

I am OK with Comcast's support...trick is to just go into the local service center yourself (when possible) when you want to swap something out or deal with an issue that doesn't require a tech on-site. The one in Sugar Land anyway was surprisingly efficient (took a number, and sat on a couch while I waited 4-5 min) and helpful. My experiences with techs on-site have been alright, but think I am an outlier there.

Outages seem rare.

You do have to do the "I'm gonna cancel" dance with them when you're promo deal runs out to keep your bill reasonable, but I think that happens everywhere. Their contracts are pretty easy to leave if needed or if you hate it, I don't remember the specifics but recall that leaving a 2 year deal was almost a non-issue financially. I want to say there was a cancel-fee of like 200 that pro-rates down each month, not like you're on the hook for the actual billed amounts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.