Amazon no longer selling Apple TV/Googel chromecast

2,029 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiez03
AG
I realize your pain, but I doubt the Apple Store is selling FireTVs either.

Fire Stick is only $39.

I have the FIreTV and if you have Prime and Kids, it is awesome. They probably watch that more the DirecTV
MSCAg
AG
Welcome to the Ecosystem Wars.
EMY92
AG
I was curious since I bought my Chromecast from Amazon, it was also the cheapest available option.

It still shows up when I did a search for it, Chromecast, Prime eligible.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Not familiar with the Googel product, but i bought an apple tv on amazon day before yesterday.
Bunkhouse96
AG
quote:
Competition, man.... because they don't offer easy to Amazon Prime.

I get it, but it sucks for getting things at cheaper prices.

Chromecast would, but Amazon is the one blocking that not Google.
hph6203
AG
quote:
I was curious since I bought my Chromecast from Amazon, it was also the cheapest available option.

It still shows up when I did a search for it, Chromecast, Prime eligible.

Not sold by Amazon. That's sold by a third party that operates through Amazon.
SeattleAgJr
Thomas Ford 91
AG
This troubles me more than it should. We are hard core Amazon Prime shoppers and fully immersed in the Apple ecosystem. I read that the Apple TV is the 16th best selling electronic device at Amazon. Was planning to buy 2 old and one new Apple TV in the next 3 months at Amazon.

I kinda feel like two close friends are getting divorced.
reb,
AG
Amazon is getting universally ripped for this.

Maybe if they don't want customers to get confused, they should pull the Kindle app out of the App Store and Play Store.

It's a BS move at a time when they are already taking heat over the massive, catastrophic, expensive failure of the Fire Phone. This is not the way to shore up your device market share. If they get enough bad press from journos and digerati piling on...and they probably will...then they'll back off.
Mathguy64
AG

quote:
I don't think anyone would describe Apple and Amazon as "close friends."
reb,
AG
quote:

quote:
Word. Apple banned purchases within iOS apps unless they get a 30% cut. So, Kindle users on iOS have to buy their books outside of the app and then download them once they open it again. Who loses here? The consumer, of course.

Or has anything changed about that setup? AFAIK, that's still the way it be, yo.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
I realize your pain, but I doubt the Apple Store is selling FireTVs either.

Fire Stick is only $39.

I have the FIreTV and if you have Prime and Kids, it is awesome. They probably watch that more the DirecTV
This is true. My daughter doesn't get to watch much TV, but when she does, all of the Nickelodeon and Amazon exclusive kids shows are money.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Word. Apple banned purchases within iOS apps unless they get a 30% cut. So, Kindle users on iOS have to buy their books outside of the app and then download them once they open it again. Who loses here? The consumer, of course.

Or has anything changed about that setup? AFAIK, that's still the way it be, yo.

I always wondered why I couldn't buy books through my kindle app or the Amazon.com app. Now I know.

I guess it is just purchases of electronic media through an app? I doubt Apple is getting a cut of everything I buy through the Amazon app.

And, I didn't mean they were close friends; I meant they are both my close friends.
Deputy Travis Junior
Does this matter? Just buy them through Apple and Google, or go to Walmart and buy them. Amazon or not, the Apple TV and Chromecast aren't exactly tough to find.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.