Home Audio Receiver Suggestions

1,206 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by pasquale
07&09Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What does everyone on here recommend as far as home audio receivers? Main use will be for surround sound in the game room, but I also plan to connect outdoor speakers to it at a later time. Not looking to spend a ton of money, but probably somewhere in the $200-$400 range. It could go up if needed though.
srob2004
AG
Just picked this up for my in-laws. It is the lower version of what I have in my home theater and for the price is pretty solid and has lots of features.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRTMOGS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01

07&09Ag
Awesome....That looks to be right in line for what I'm looking for and have heard some really good things about Denon

How does it compare to this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-S900W-7-2-Channel-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00EXTVPOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437595838&sr=8-1&keywords=denon+avr-s900w&pebp=1437595454796&perid=1SNDC95FRMQSGC85HG5J
srob2004
AG
Looks like it has a couple more HDMI inputs and one more output. To me that's a meh, as most people would not have 8x HDMI inputs anyways in one room :P

However, it does offer HDMI 4K upscaling, so if you have or plan to have a 4K TV you might get value there. It also pushes a little more wattage per channel 165W (700 series) versus 185W(900 series). Both are 7.2 channel.

If that 900 series is still in your budget, it's a tad better receiver for sure. If you plan to have a 4K TV at some point with this receiver, then it's a for sure I'd guess. I mean you can never go wrong with a little more wattage per channel either.

I have Pioneer Elite and Denon and I love both! I have been running a professional series denon in my home theater room for about a month now and it's pretty solid, so I would buy Denon again for sure.
ExPLK
AG
I have a Denon running dual audio/video outputs (one to living room and one to back porch). Absolutely love it.
pasquale
AG
which receiver did you end up buying and how is it working? I am looking for a Zone 2 receiver and these look in my budget too
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.