Pokemon Go coming to iOS & Android

1,137,279 Views | 10929 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by bankshot11
Raptor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go to lunch, hit some Pokestops, and catch a bunch of commons. Get back to school and there's a cute 267 Tauros waiting for me. 20 minutes later a 216 (new one to me) Graveler shows up. Makes me wonder what I missed while I was out.
ellebee
I just got a 622 clefairy. I was super excited but then I checked and the IV is only 30.
nai06
AG
how do you find the IV?
ellebee
I use the average on this site.

https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator?utf8=&search_pokemon_name=&search_cp=320&search_hp=49&search_dust=1300&search_powered=0&search_pokemon_id=133&evolver=true&lastmon=133&resublvl=21&resubatk=15&resubdeff=15&resubstam=2&commit=Find+IVs
redd38
AG
Encountered my first wild blastoise at lunch today... it ran away of course.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Almost collected on 3 gyms. Thanks to that stupid 21 hour timer, I had to wait 2 hours after lunch to collect. My guys were in 2 of the three up until about 15 minutes left...

Why is the timer 21 hours? Why not 24 or 18?
redd38
AG
I think it's not 24 hours cause that would force you to do it later and later each day until eventually it was so late you'd have to skip a day to get your refresh time back to a suitable time. 21 hours gives you 3 hours of wiggle room. So if you normally play from 7pm to 10pm each night then you can always collect anytime in that window.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
quote:
Almost collected on 3 gyms. Thanks to that stupid 21 hour timer, I had to wait 2 hours after lunch to collect. My guys were in 2 of the three up until about 15 minutes left...

Are we the same person. Same thing happened to me, was about 5 minutes away from having 4 gyms at once.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
I think it's not 24 hours cause that would force you to do it later and later each day until eventually it was so late you'd have to skip a day to get your refresh time back to a suitable time. 21 hours gives you 3 hours of wiggle room. So if you normally play from 7pm to 10pm each night then you can always collect anytime in that window.
I guess that makes sense

ETA: Although, you could start taking gyms before your time was up. If it were 24, you could always start taking at 21, just not collecting. 21 hours just makes it a little easier to hold and collect at convenient times because you're bound to collecting at the same time each day or just a little later every day even if you're taking gyms at the same time every day. That means you'd have to hold them a few minutes longer from one day to the next.
Phat32
AG
Clearly the key is to get your top pokes on gyms in the middle of nowhere, then bump a few local ones each day.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:

Are we the same person. Same thing happened to me, was about 5 minutes away from having 4 gyms at once.
Could be. I had half a mind to just leave the office, go over there, and take those gyms back... At least tomorrow I'll be able to collect immediately because I'll be back on my lunch schedule. I got off yesterday thanks to a site visit.

I've been the highest level in a level 7 gym since yesterday afternoon. It's at a church, and it doesn't look like they have any services or Bible studies on their schedule until tomorrow night. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it through tonight and tomorrow morning, then hit and collect on the two gyms I had today over lunch to get 3. I'm only 30 coins away from my bag upgrade, so that would be really nice.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
Clearly the key is to get your top pokes on gyms in the middle of nowhere, then bump a few local ones each day.
I've stopped trying to take gyms. It's easier to hold them and collect on multiple by simply reinforcing your own and leveling them up. It's a lot easier to level your own gym up 1500-2500 points than it is to bring another down 6000. Plus, it's harder for people to knock you out as fast when they have to fight against 5-6 pokemon instead of one. It's definitely doable and fairly easy, but it becomes a lot more of a grind and gives you much more time to get another one somewhere else and collect before your first is knocked out.
Charpie
AG
Caught a grimer out in the wild
Geralt of Rivia
S
Nice! I've seen two, and both have been in my parking lot at work
Dad
AG
redline248
AG
Went growlithe hunting today. Caught just enough to evolve 1, need to figure out which is the best. While I was out I hatched a geodude. 2nd one to the pokedex, 3rd seen overall. I have a graveler that I'm not sure if it was hatched or caught in the wild.

Also hatched a weedle and a 660+ oddish.
redline248
AG
maybe she noticed your car running, and now has reported you for a hit and run.
TexasAggie_02
AG
She wanted to see your diglett
ellebee
I got one at the chicken a couple weeks ago. Got an 1169 Pinsir today in the gym parking lot.
redline248
AG
Well, the growlithe I chose to evolve was not the greatest, but pretty decent. Ended up with a 1250 Arcanine. Looks like a pretty bad move set, though. Oh well. new dex addition. Can always catch more.
redd38
AG
quote:
Well, the growlithe I chose to evolve was not the greatest, but pretty decent. Ended up with a 1250 Arcanine. Looks like a pretty bad move set, though. Oh well. new dex addition. Can always catch more.

Did you use the new appraisal feature?
txag2k
AG
quote:
quote:

Did you use the new appraisal feature?

Yes and damn... all my pokes are XS.
Dad
AG
Bregxit
AG
quote:
What is the appraisal feature? I usualky just evolve the one with the highest number.

Update just came out with it. It is where you Transfer from.
docaggie
AG
I just appraised a 36cp ekans.

"Overall, your Ekans is above average."
"I see that it's best attribute is Attack."
"I am certainly impressed by its stats, I must say."
"Your Ekans is tinier than any we have on record. Astounding."

I can see that last phrase getting a few memes made out of it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Apparently my magikarp is a bad@$$ and can do anything...

Not gonna lie, I'd rather have the actual IV's from a website and a working tracker...
GMM
quote:
I just appraised a 36cp ekans.

"Overall, your Ekans is above average."
"I see that it's best attribute is Attack."
"I am certainly impressed by its stats, I must say."
"Your Ekans is tinier than any we have on record. Astounding."

I can see that last phrase getting a few memes made out of it.

Yes of course I am immature. I'm an adult playing Pokemon.

redline248
AG
8 of my top 12 pokemon are XS in size. Seems to be a lot of tiny monsters. Ha.

The tracker "works," just not as a compass. Which reminds me...talked to a guy using poke mesh today. It was telling him every time something spawned.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I laughed
ABATTBQ11
AG
Also, distance tracking is updating much more rapidly. I've gotten almost a full tenth of a kilometer laying in bed for ten minutes.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Also, distance tracking is updating much more rapidly. I've gotten almost a full tenth of a kilometer laying in bed for ten minutes.

T&P for your cornhole!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Had a Ponyta run away this morning
combat wombat™
AG
I just caught a CP 1619 Gyarados.
Dread Pirate Roberts
A 550 Exeggcute was in my living room this morning. That would evolve into a 1485-1749 Exeggutor. Then my daughter reminded me they used up all the pokeballs last night chasing low level pokemons!

They've done this before and we have gone to some pokestops to collect balls and return, however, it was time to go to school, so we simply had to let it go.
txag2k
AG
quote:
I just caught a CP1619 Gyarados.

Grats!
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 313

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.