Pokemon Go coming to iOS & Android

1,137,572 Views | 10929 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by bankshot11
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAgs Official Pokemon Go Thread

Trainer Codes (get a ton of items doing nothing!)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1owYnUP4QTnGKyZh4yOWPZpcFObjr5rwXPzHpKHd2osY/edit?usp=sharing

All trainer codes are now in a Google Sheet. Use the spreadsheet responsibly as anyone with the link can edit.
3rdGen2015
AG
That could be awesome if they do it right and it catches on. Down the road, I really hope augmented reality can be put into a widely marketable product for something similar to this. How cool would that be?
slickag2007
AG
The new watch like device looks pretty cool as well. Pokmon Go looks pretty awesome. Wish it was coming out this year.
Thunder18
RebAg13
Johnsy3
AG
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

I just found out about this yesterday at church - I brought my Blue to play between services and a buddy of mine today me about it. I am pretty excited to check it out
Johnsy3
AG
Beta launched happened last night in Japan

Screenshots from Niantic's Facebook page

Reddit threadwith verified info and discussion
gopgabe
AG
quote:
Beta launched happened last night in Japan

Screenshots from Niantic's Facebook page

Reddit threadwith verified info and discussion
Childhood has become reality.
boboguitar
AG
About to release on iOS
flintdragon
AG
Released on Android! but most can't install from Play store because of unknown reasons (regional, device support, previous beta, etc).

Grab the APK here if you can't wait:
Pokemon GO APK
Olsen
AG
For once since I could remember correctly, Android has something before the iOS.
Johnsy3
AG
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-go/id1094591345?mt=8

iOS link
Phat32
AG
Niantic made Ingress, an augmented reality game with a huge cult following. I'd expect this to blow up.
3rdGen2015
AG
Got it last night, haven't really gotten a chance to play around with it yet though. There's a gym and a Pokemart within walking distance of my house, but there's NOTHING near my work which is unfortunate.
Satellite of Love
There isn't anything around my house. Work has a pretty active park I may have to walk on evening.
RustyBoltz
AG
Downloaded it last night on iOS and caught a Charmander in my cubicle this morning. I'm nerding hard today...
boboguitar
AG
I'm on vacation at the lake and there's tons of spots, gyms, and pokemon everywhere.

Only at lvl 6 though.
bobinator
AG
hunter2012
AG

From reddit.
AggieChemE09
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
That reddit post is amazing.
Ganondorf
AG
Aside from the servers dying every so often the game is fun. Downtown Austin is devoid any pokestops and gyms which is really weird.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:

TAMU official tweeting about pokemon is pretty awesome.
HeadGames
AG
Seems like the game might be bigger than they initially expected? You think the Pokemon company might toss more cash at the app? Add more generations of Pokemon?
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
Aside from the servers dying every so often the game is fun. Downtown Austin is devoid any pokestops and gyms which is really weird.
I think they might have projected their user base a little bit too conservatively to say the least. It'll get fixed eventually though.
Post removed:
by user
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
I haven't been able to log on at all. Server issues every time I load.
I find that manually shutting down the application and then restarting it helps.... Maybe it is confirmation bias though....
bobinator
AG
Apparently they made Police Stations and Cemeteries automatic landmarks. Kind of funny.

When I was messing around on it earlier I noticed the Dixie Chicken is a PokeStop
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Looks like historical landmarks are stops as well.
bobinator
AG
Campus has a whole bunch.

What I think is neat is a bunch of them are places that people might not normally go otherwise. There's actually a couple of "poke spots" at the bonfire memorial and various statues and memorials around campus. I'm sure some people won't like that it's taking a game to an otherwise solemn place, but if it shows people parts of campus they wouldn't otherwise see then it's good in my book.
The Shank Ag
Just stopped by flag poles getting my car registration.

Loving the app minus the freezes
bobinator
AG
quote:
Just stopped by flag poles getting my car registration.

Loving the app minus the freezes
We can finally have Zubat faint in Reed Arena...
The Shank Ag
bobinator
AG
It will be interesting as this scales up to see some of the details. Are there only certain pokemon available in certain parts of the world?

I'm not sure of the capabilities of this but it would be cool for the kids (and adults who play) if there were big battles at events that a lot of people will be at. Sporting events, music festivals, that sort of thing.
Average Joe
AG
I hate myself for wanting to play this. I've done a good job of avoiding all things Pokemon all my life. This game might break that.
Last Page
Page 1 of 313

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.