Dropping cable, need options/opinions

4,794 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LeFraud
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quote:
Apple's focus has always been on their hardware rather than software/content sales.
Apple's made a huge push over the years for iTunes and the App Store and sales in each. The App Store gets about 25 Billion app downloads per year (obviously not all are paid) and iTunes is getting about 10 Billion songs sold per year. Plus movies and TV episodes.

Selling movies, TV and music is a huge part of why Apple is so profitable.
hph6203
AG
Services revenue accounts for 10% of Apple's revenue that includes apps, books, iCloud, Apple Care which would be affected minimally by apps available on the AppleTV, music that would be affected more so and then tv and movies which would be affected the most. Movies and TV are a small portion of those services revenue and the conversion of those products into profit is lower than that of their hardware divisions, I'd argue that's a small portion.

I'd be shocked it the AppleTV isn't considered to be a more impressive and useful product than a Roku or Fire TV after tomorrow. It's supposed to have superior game support, smart home integration, exclusive services you can't find anywhere else and the App Store will almost certainly surpass that of Roku's or Amazon's by the end of the year.

Siri integration, games and smart home integration are ultimately going to be it's main selling points.
LeFraud
Bump. I'm looking to cut the chord.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.